My heart wanted him, my brain though otherwise. | Teen Ink

My heart wanted him, my brain though otherwise.

By BaileyLovessYou BRONZE, Jackson, Michigan
BaileyLovessYou BRONZE, Jackson, Michigan

"Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available." ~Jim Beggs

"I have to tell you something," Zakariah whispered into my ear. My heart started to race, he's never said that, what's going to happen? A million thoughts went through my mind in the 5 seconds it took for me to reply, "What is it?" The wind grew brisk, my hair was whipping everywhich way. Somewhere off in the distance, there was a snap of a twig. The rock I was sitting on, felt as if it bound me to the earth. I couldn't move, then my eyes fluttered, as he spoke, "This will only hurt a bit." Zakariah lunged at me, knocking me onto the frozen, dewey grass. I screamed, I didn't know what was happening. It went all too fast, the next thing I knew, there was a burning in my heart. He had a pocketknife to my chest, it was bloody. Was that MY blood? I couldn't tell, all I could think of was the pain. It felt as if I would die. The excruciating, immense pain.

Moments passed, all I could see was black, all I could feel was coldness. The air, still wisping around the plain. My eyes rapidly opened, I jolted up. What had happened? Was it all a dream? I looked around, and there he was, covered in blood. MY blood. I looked down, a heart was carved over my own. I looked at the expression on Zakariah's face, and I whispered, "Why?" It felt like eons waiting for his response, but finally, he let it all out, "I love you, I'm the only one for you. You're mine, and I know that's selfish, but I don't care anymore. I can't ever imagine a life without your presence, you've made me all I am, and I'm NOT going to loose you. I love you Victoria, I always will. And now that proves that you're mine forever." I wanted to scream at him. Who said I was his? Why does he now decide to tell me this, after letting me believe a lie all along? Who gave him permission to put me in this pain, draw my blood? What were people going to think? But, in the end, all I said was, "I love you."

It's all my body was willing to let me say.

I don't know why this came up, and it doesn't make much sense, but somehow I felt compelled to write it. It didn't take much time, and it's not my best, but it'll suffice for now. (:

on Jul. 26 2010 at 12:13 am

Thank youu! <3

(:

on Jul. 24 2010 at 12:12 am
alissathefirst, Rochester, New York

"Justice will prevail."

This was really good(; I don't know what exactally is happening, or why, but neither do you, so its okay(:

I love the way you write :D