One Last Kiss

I heave a contented sigh as I watch the characters on the screen doing something but not paying enough attention to know what. He puts his arm around and I breathe him in. I lean my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, wishing this moment could never end. I smile up at him and to my surprise and intense delight, he tenderly cups my chin in his hand and kisses me.

“I love you,” I whisper.

“I love you more,” he whispers back

Now it is my turn to kiss him, and I do, with a fierce passion.

***********

I wake up to the annoying beeping of my iHome alarm clock and sigh. It was only a dream, of course. But still I hit the snooze button with the hope of getting one last kiss burning in my heart.

SilverLuna said...
I love this, it's so sweet and mainly, it's realistic. I like this alot!(:

ThatClarinetPersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 5:17 pm :
:) thank you!

ultrabookworm said...
 That was really cute. It was relatable, realistic, and captured the images well. Anyway, great style, drew the reader in.  A++.

DeadPeopleKinndaGrlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Couldn't say it better myself. Short, seet, an simple. Plzzzzz give me feedback on my work. I really appreciate it.

HLFelix said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 5:19 pm:
Short, sweet, simple, and relatable. Nice job. Nice picture choice as well. 

hushedlove said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 11:58 pm:
ahhh ive had that dream. multiple times actually about the same guy from my life or my dream guy.

Eatfoodzap said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 11:39 pm:
This is really pretty. Short, sweet, and to the point. Especially with the last line, you really her her feeling of longing. ;D

PC0916 said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 1:50 am:
I think it was great. Reminds me of my first kiss as well.  

Lanier42This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 10:38 am :
aww. thanks, PCO916!

Stormythrone said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 3:56 am:
The dream reminds me of my first kiss. hmm, food for thought. Anyways, keep writing!

CloudWanderer said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 9:10 pm:
Umm it's a very good start. Pretty short, but that's cool. Add more to it, and it'll be great!

Jul. 23, 2010 at 3:32 pm :
thanks, CloudWanderer! any suggestions?

CloudWanderer replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 12:45 pm :
Ummm maybe have her actually meet this guy in real life. Like, at school or at her job or something. Unless she doesnt actually have a specific guy in mind and he's faceless. That could be interesting, meeting a boy that reminds her of this dream... *shrug*

Jul. 24, 2010 at 5:57 pm :
hmmm. i'll work on it. thanks :)