One Last Kiss

I heave a contented sigh as I watch the characters on the screen doing something but not paying enough attention to know what. He puts his arm around and I breathe him in. I lean my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, wishing this moment could never end. I smile up at him and to my surprise and intense delight, he tenderly cups my chin in his hand and kisses me.

“I love you,” I whisper.

“I love you more,” he whispers back

Now it is my turn to kiss him, and I do, with a fierce passion.

***********

I wake up to the annoying beeping of my iHome alarm clock and sigh. It was only a dream, of course. But still I hit the snooze button with the hope of getting one last kiss burning in my heart.

SilverLuna said...
I love this, it's so sweet and mainly, it's realistic. I like this alot!(:

ThatClarinetPerson replied...
:) thank you!

ultrabookworm said...
 That was really cute. It was relatable, realistic, and captured the images well. Anyway, great style, drew the reader in.  A++.

DeadPeopleKinndaGrl said...
Couldn't say it better myself. Short, seet, an simple. Plzzzzz give me feedback on my work. I really appreciate it.

HLFelix said...
Short, sweet, simple, and relatable. Nice job. Nice picture choice as well. 

hushedlove said...
ahhh ive had that dream. multiple times actually about the same guy from my life or my dream guy.

Eatfoodzap said...
This is really pretty. Short, sweet, and to the point. Especially with the last line, you really her her feeling of longing. ;D

PC0916 said...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 1:50 am
I think it was great. Reminds me of my first kiss as well.  

Lanier42 replied...
Jul. 24, 2010 at 10:38 am
aww. thanks, PCO916!

Stormythrone said...
Jul. 23, 2010 at 3:56 am
The dream reminds me of my first kiss. hmm, food for thought. Anyways, keep writing!

CloudWanderer said...
Umm it's a very good start. Pretty short, but that's cool. Add more to it, and it'll be great!

Lanier42 replied...
thanks, CloudWanderer! any suggestions?

CloudWanderer replied...
Ummm maybe have her actually meet this guy in real life. Like, at school or at her job or something. Unless she doesnt actually have a specific guy in mind and he's faceless. That could be interesting, meeting a boy that reminds her of this dream... *shrug*

Lanier42 replied...
hmmm. i'll work on it. thanks :)