Never Let Go | Teen Ink

Never Let Go

By ssammie18 BRONZE, Laguna Hills, California
ssammie18 BRONZE, Laguna Hills, California

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

June 27, 2004; Chris died. Our Story is like the typical love story you mostly hear about. The guy isnt supposed to fall in love with the nerd, but he does, and changes her life forever. right? well your wrong. This time...I was the popular one, and Chris was the nerd. Im a cheerleader and he is a knowledge masters geek. His friends consist of him, his friend Trevor, and John, all of them being knowledge masters students. Chris lives right down the street from me. We dont really talk...but August 17, 1990...that changed. i was walking my dog and he was out playing with his soccer ball. i never knew he was so good at soccer. i sat and watched him from the pool. He was amazing! why hadn't he chosen this for his hobbie? Im also a soccer finatic, so i figured out that we had something in common for the first time. i decided to go talk to him. Once i said hi, he had this sudden look on his face as if i shouldnt be talking to him or something. He replied seconds later with a stuttering "h-h-hello." we started to talk and we figured we had ALOT in common. A few days passed, and i hear a knock on my door. I open the door up and its Chris. I asked him, "what are you doing here?" he replied,
"i was wondering if you wanted to go to the pool with me."
"suure, but hold on, let me go change."
i come down with my bathing suit on and a towl. he just stares. I look at myself and wonder if i have something wrong with me. He keeps staring..."whats wrong with me"..i thought. i just let it go and we headed to the pool. we swam together for 2 hours! i never would have imagine i would like someone like him. within the last 5 minutes, we had a race to the end of the pool and back.
"what if we make this a bit more interesting?" he said.
"oh really? how?"
"who ever looses, has to give the other one a kiss."
i gladly agreed.
im surprised i actually would want to kiss him, but it was as if i loved him already! i couldnt explain how i felt about him in words, but i knew he felt the same way.
out of nowhere, he exclaimed,
"GO!"
we both swam about halfway and looked at eachother underwater. he was gorgeous. why couldnt i see this before? we stopped. he swam toward me and kissed me reluctently on my lips. i was shocked! how could this happen? how could i love him already? i dont even really know him! how could this be? all these questions ran through-out my mind within just a few seconds. i tried talking to Chris at school, but he wouldnt talk to me at all. what had i done? had i lost my true love alreadddy? i dont know, but i knew for sure that my life would never be the same.

10 years later:

Chris called me. how he got my number, i have no clue. He made my heart go "boom, boom, boom" and he made me smile even though i wasnt even face to face with him. i realized that i never stopped loving him. I heard a voice in the background say, "get off the phone!"
i hung up instantly. i couldnt take the chance of knowing for sure that he had found someone else...

...i never saw, talked, or even heard from him again. i cried every night. he broke my heart.

june 27, 2004; Chris died. i went to his funeral, but couldnt stay long without all of our memories rushing back with such speed. i didnt want to accept the fact that i loved him, and never got to tell him. i never figured out why he wouldnt talk to me at school. but those mysteries will never be solved, so why think about them?

i will never let go of you Chris.<3

on Jul. 26 2010 at 11:31 am
MairGwyn PLATINUM, Sterling, Virginia
This is a very interesting story.... Good Job.