The Last Letter | Teen Ink

The Last Letter

By bigdreamsbigheart PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan
bigdreamsbigheart PLATINUM, Ypsilanti, Michigan

\\\"When I stand before god I want to have no talent left so I can say,\\\"I used everything you gave me\\\"\\\"

Overlooking this battle of love he had for her, it made me sad. He sent her roses, got her presents and left her notes. But never once did he reveal who he was.

She was my best friend, as he was to. She knew someone was in love with her, butshe didn't know who. And he wanted her so bad, but he would never have the guts to tell her.

Every morning she would walk by him and give him a hug. His eyes would close and he would breathe in the sweet smell of her perfume. As she would walk away he would whisper these words, "If only she knew."And then he would walk away.

The next day she looked sad and ran up to me crying,
"I know who the guy is," She said. I looked around for him but he was no where in sight.
"It's Jacob," She said. And it was. But how did she know. She couldn't there was no possible way. He was never gonna tell her.
"How did you know?" I said
"His mom called my house last night, saying there was a note left for me."
"Left?"I said. And that's when she burst into tears.
"Kara, he died last night. I guess he said there was nothing to live for. And I'm the only one." She sobbed. I didn't know what she meant, but she took out a crumpled piece of paper and handed it to me.
Dear My Love,
Your beauty can overpower a thousand peoples minds, Including mine.
Your kindness is what made me have love at first sight.
I knew all along you were the one I was suppose to be with.
I'm the one that's left those notes and flowers day by day.
But just to see you smile, it was so worth it.
But my hopes of us ever being together are gonna stop.
You were the only one that kept me holding on this long.
I could describe my life by your smile.
And my happiest moment in the grasp of your hug.
I will see you again Anna.
Right in heaven where you were sent from.
Thank you for being my angel.
I love you.
Love,
Jacob

When she was done reading she looked up and said, "Why couldn't I of kept him holding on." And she sobbed as the last letter fell to the floor.

The idea of so many words left unsaid is what really sends us into depression