It Feels Nice | Teen Ink

It Feels Nice

By Toria3339 SILVER, Newport Beach, California
Toria3339 SILVER, Newport Beach, California

His hand in mine. “How does that feel?”

“It feels nice”

His arms around me. “How does this feel”

“It feels nice”

His lips parted on mine. “How did that feel?”

“It felt nice”

You are so nice. In everything that you do. I wouldn’t want to be with anyone but you. Trust me it is true. When you ask me the questions about how I feel, I become conscious and scared and I search for the words to help me describe it best. But I cannot find the words, and I think I know why. I think it is because no words can describe the feeling I get when I am with you.

So instead of searching for the right words to say, I mumble a simple phrase “It feels nice.”

And I know what you think when I repeat the same words, “Am I doing something wrong?” But you are so nice, and no nothing is wrong. It is nice. It is perfect. Exactly like you.

But I know these words are not enough, because at once point I almost lost you. These cursed words that come to my brain almost made you leave me in pain. Away from me. Angry. But you could never be too angry. Because you are so nice.

“How are you feeling today?” You asked, leaving a tender kiss on my head.

“I feel nice.” I whispered, looking down at my hands, and you became so mad.

“Am I doing something wrong? I just can’t understand” you said, pleasantry gone , leaving only annoyance instead.

“Nothing is wrong, how could you think that at all?” I questioned confused. But I knew exactly how you could think that at all. These words in my head were terrible things. Nice. It’s not enough. But it is all I can say.

“I can’t get close enough to you.” you said sternly and distraught “All you ever say is nice. I am nice. You are nice. Our kisses are nice. Is nothing good enough for you!” You yelled. It wasn’t a horrible yell, don’t let my words and exclamations confound you. You were gentle, sweet and kind. You were nice.

“Don’t you see” I put my hand on your cheek to calm you down. Your warm skin was entrancing “You are nice. Your touch is nice. Your kisses are nice. Nice to me is perfect to you.” I took my hand away, and with all my might I hoped that you would stay. And you did. Because you are so nice.

So then you knew. You knew you were nice to me. So, well, am I nice to you?

I wrote this because sometimes words escape us.

AsIAm PLATINUM said...
on Aug. 25 2010 at 10:21 am
AsIAm PLATINUM, Somewhere, North Carolina

"According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking." — Jonathan Stroud (Ptolemy's Gate)

I love this!  It is so sweet and real!  It's nice! :) ~AsIAm

on Jul. 24 2010 at 12:21 pm
Gabriela_Ayala BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Don't worry about the people in your past. There's a reason they didn't make it into your future.

i lOVE tHIS :)