Remembering A Lost Love | Teen Ink

Remembering A Lost Love

By BreatheTonight_2011 GOLD, El Centro, California
BreatheTonight_2011 GOLD, El Centro, California

"Do something worth remembering."

He couldn’t help but stare at her. In his eyes, she was the most beautiful thing in world. And she would soon be all his. All he had to do was master up enough courage to get down on one knee and ask that one small question.

“Isn’t is just so beautiful?” Jennifer asked.

Jack Downey may have been looking straight at her, but he was to busy looking at her beauty to hear what she said.

“Jack?”

“Oh sorry what?” he asked her with that smile she loved so much.

“The ocean. Isn’t it just beautiful?”

“Not as beautiful as you are,” he said getting down on one knee.

Jack was finally ready to do it. Ready to ask that oh so important question. He just prayed that she would say ‘yes’.

Jennifer covered her mouth with her hands. She knew exactly what Jack Downey was going to do.

“Jennifer, will you marry me?” he asked pulling a small black box out of his coat pocket. He opened the box to reveal the ring his grandfather proposed to his grandmother with just 7 decades earlier.

“Oh my God,” Jennifer was trying to hold back her tears of joy, “yes Jack Downey, I will marry you.”

He was so happy. He took the ring and placed it on Jennifer’s finger. The second he stood up she threw her arms around his neck and gave him one of the most passionate kisses she had ever given him.

That was the happiest day of Jack Downey’s life. And he would never forget it for the life of him.

Jack woke up after having dreamt of the same dream that he has every night. He loved that dream. And he loved Jennifer. That dream was the only way he ever got to see her anymore.

He promised himself that he would never forget her, or the joy she had brought him. Even though the accident had taken her away from him, the memory of her still lives on in his heart.

on Jul. 21 2010 at 4:40 pm
HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

aww omg that was really romantic..beautiful work!! that was all very sweett

on Jul. 15 2010 at 7:28 pm
Just.A.Dream SILVER, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Part of the J7X team. :)

Aweee, the beginning was making me so happy, it was so sweet. Then the last two paragraphs made me sad, but all of it was wonderfully written.

on Jul. 15 2010 at 5:39 pm
sweethearrrt GOLD, Portland, Oregon

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

ohmyyygosh the ending made me gasp!! so sad, so good!!!!1

on Jul. 15 2010 at 4:59 pm
mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

Heartbreaking. This sorry could bring out a tear from anyone. You can just feel the emotion he felt for her.

on Jul. 15 2010 at 4:58 pm

"Do something worth remembering."

Thank you! =D

on Jul. 15 2010 at 4:53 pm
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Aww, that was beautiful, especially the last paragraph, very sad, sweet, and well-written.  Nice job.