First Kiss | Teen Ink

First Kiss

We sat there on his balcony looking at the stars on a summer night. The night sky is pitch black, well is suppose to be, the stars make the sky brighter. I am so insanely aware of him right there, next to me. I am sure he feels the same way, but is probably handling the feeling differently.

All of a sudden his arm went around my waist and that shocked me. His skin was so warm. I breathed out by the tingle of it. I didn't know what to say at this point. I turned around to find his shining blue eyes staring down at me. I was speechless. The love that was in his eyes, it made something twinge in my stomach. I was afraid what will happen next so I turned away and looked at the sky. "Hey is that the big dipper over there?" I asked. I really didn't see the big dipper I just wanted to say something to break that seemed like a somewhat perfect everlasting silence. I don‘t feel too comfortable with it though.

" No that’s the not the big dipper." He said quietly and content. Then he moved his arm to suit his position better. In the process he managed to move closer. I felt his eyes staring at me trying to read my expression, my mind. A shiver sped down my spine as he started caressing my back. The spot were his arm was previously at felt bare and abandoned now.

I turned to stare back at him not expecting anything. Until he kissed me and his lips stayed on mine for what seemed like a forever. It was so tender. Caring and soft. A nice innocent kiss. His lips tasted like cinnamon.

Just like what I hoped my first kiss to be like. When it was over I knew everything had just changed between us by the look in his eyes. Not a wicked gleam or a demanding edge, it was all gentle and compassionate. But the fact that things won’t be the same made me scared.

And then we started looking at the stars once again, but I feel more comfortable now.

This is the remake of another piece I wrote:
http://teenink.com/fiction/romance/article/132377/My-First-Kiss/
It had too many errors in spelling so I decided to fix it and add more to it.

on Apr. 8 2011 at 3:19 am
ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other

"It's not what we are born, but what we grow to be."

"you think that because I am Poor, Obscure, Plain and little, that I am Soulless and Heartless. I have just as much soul as you and full as much heart"

It is really sweet 

on Aug. 31 2010 at 10:28 pm
KelleySchorn SILVER, Fort Worth, Texas

Whatever you are be a good one-some president i dont remember which
procrastinaters unite!...tomorrow!!-matt
i'm F-U-L-LLLLL i think i can spellllll-allie =]

i love this its how i want my first kiss to be like, sweet and innocent...<3

on Aug. 31 2010 at 3:28 pm
WritingLoverForever PLATINUM, Bowling Green, Ohio

It's not about success; it's about significance.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Oh, this is so beautiful. I think it's really cool how you've already got a visual of what you want your first kiss to be like. That's smart of you too because with a first kiss as real and sincere as the one in the story, you'll know it's with the right guy. I unfortunately can't say I did the same thing. When I had my first kiss, I didn't even think about who I was sharing it with: the school player. I regret it sooo much now, because I'll never get that first kiss back and I can't give it to someone better. Great job on this story.

Could you check out my work maybe? :)

on Jul. 9 2010 at 7:15 pm
xXCreative.K.Xx, Conyers, Georgia

N/A

OMG I LOVE IT.... CAN U FINISH IT? OMG NOW THIS IS A ROMANTIC BOOK, I HOPE U FINISH IT....!!!!! OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!!!