Doctor, Doctor

Something has changed inside of me. I've been feeling so strange lately. I feel ill but still so happy, and I don't know why or how.

I've been having strange symptoms. When I'm around you I feel self-conscious; whereas before I could just be myself. I've forgotten how to act when I'm near you. My heart starts beating fast when you walk up to me at lunch and my brain grinds to a halt. When we hi-5 and do our secret handshake my stomach does a full-length Olympic standard gymnastics routine.

And when I'm not with you I think about you, what you could be doing, what you could be thinking, what you could be saying- every thought I have seems to be about you; and then pop up in my dreams and daydreams too. I've started to hate weekends ad wish they could end more quickly. I don't know what's happened to me but I know that it has something to do with you.
I tried explaining my symptoms to you once, but I only got halfway through when you walked away. You never seemed to speak to me again and you never diagnosed me with anything; and this feeling just won't go away, so I guess I'm just terminally ill.

Annabelle294 said...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 10:20 am
Aww, this is really cute, and so easy to relate to

chelseabelle said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 10:01 am
A really great piece!! Check mine out? TeenInk.com/fiction/romance/article/225064/The-Moon-Part-One/

WhoaGurl said...

this is awesome! I also love the gymnastics reference. This is an awesome piece, please keep writing!

~Get Ready Cuz Here I Come~

vulture replied...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 10:53 am
thanks gymbabe and whoagurl

WhoaGurl replied...
no prob. It was a great piece. Keep writing! Nice profile pic!

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This was incredible, very well-written and accurately described.  Love the gymnastic reference, 'cause I'm a gymnast myself:)Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?