My Guardian Angel

It happened on the way to my basketball game. My mom was driving me. I was in the passengers seat, practically jumping with excitement. My mom was my coach, and she was telling me that she would let me stay in the game as long as I wanted to.

That's when the truck came around the corner. I was just saying how nothing could ruin this night, when the truck turned the corner and slammed into us. Hard. The last thing I remember was feeling the air bag hit my face and feeling an electric spark go through my body.

Next thing I knew, I was sitting on top of a large building. There was a man sitting next to me. "Who are you?" I asked him. He looked at me with sad eyes before he answered me.

"I'm your Guardian Angel. And it's not your time to go," he said and snapped his fingers. Now, I was in an ambulance. I had one of those mask things on that helps you breathe. Without even asking, I knew my mom hadn't survived the crash.

Every day after that, I could feel him watching me. But, I could only see him when I really wanted to. He would comfort me after something terrible happened. He stayed with me for a month when my mom passed away.

I grew up, and he came to me more often. He wouldn't visit me very often if I was seeing someone. But, when I wasn't seeing anyone, he would visit me every day.

One day, he told me he loved me. It had taken me a while to realize what he had told me, and I didn't know how to react. That's when he kissed me. It was like fireworks in my mouth.

That's when I knew. I loved him, too. He came to me every day after that. He was protecting me and being with me. He proposed to me one night. It was storming, and I was so scared. He was comforting me when he asked me to marry him.

Not wanting to be without him, I accepted. I was now going to be Mrs. James Laxon. He would still be my Guardian Angel, but he would be my husband, too.

The only bad part of him being my Guardian Angel was that he would always have to leave me, and it might take him days at a time for him to finally come back. But he always came back. Except for one time.

We had been eating dinner, when he suddenly disappeared. I didn't see him again until I was dying. He was there every second with me. And when I died, he brought me back to that rooftop. He told me that he would never have to leave me again.

It would have been perfect, but he was still a Guardian Angel. And he wasn't just my Guardian Angel. He did his best to stay my Guardian Angel, but eventually it became too hard of a task. That's when we became just husband and wife in heaven. But in my heart, he would always be my Guardian Angel. Always.

Robsessed said...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 1:09 am
hmm.. it's interesting to read that you were inspired by City of Angels (I've only seen the beginning though). Actually, I instantly thought of The Time Traveler's Wife when I read your story. It was very similar to that movie as well.

its_just_me replied...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 9:51 am
My mom said the same thing when she read this. I was thinking about the time travelers wife at all when I wrote this.

its_just_me replied...
Sept. 6, 2010 at 10:21 am
*Wasn't. Oops!

novelista21 said...
Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:30 am
good story

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This was wonderful, sweet and well-written, nice plot line.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?