When Everything Changed | Teen Ink

When Everything Changed

By _Lia_Aqua_ SILVER, Moorhead, Minnesota
_Lia_Aqua_ SILVER, Moorhead, Minnesota

It was a Friday night and I was sitting at home with nothing to do. I felt like an extreme loner. Who had nothing to do on a Friday night? I sat down and flipped through channels. The only thing on was Johnny Test. That’s just perfect. I sat and watched the so unrealistic scientist sisters go to their lab and test something on Johnny cause he wanted to get a new action figure or something like that. It gave him really big lips and the sisters were all grossed out. I decided I needed to stop watching this and turned off the TV. I walked outside with a book. I settled down in a sun chair and started reading only to be distracted by a basketball endlessly bouncing up and down, up and down. I walked to my room and suddenly a person was peeking through my window. What the heck? I was sure there had been a face there peering around my room.
*
*

C***. She saw me. I was about to radio in to the I.S.A.F.T. (International Spy Agency For Teens) but then stopped and decided that it might question my new raised tolerance level from my teachers and the I.S.A. board. They were in charge of us and just because my Dad was the head of the department didn’t mean that I would get off easy. He would probably just be disappointed, like always. Even though I was the top of my classes, well not the educational ones but the spy ones, Dad never treated me like I was special or even important to him. I guess I had been distracted by the pretty face that had peered back at me. The green eyes had stared at me in shock. I found myself starting to be absorbed. But this was not allowed. There were plenty of cute girls at Safe (that’s what we called the agency’s headquarters.) Why had this girl, this unimportant girl caught my eye when there were so many others I could date. I decided to just go back to headquarters and chill there before my next mission to spy on the girl. I didn’t know why I was spying on her, but that was mission I had received.
*
*

I wondered why that guy had been looking into my window. I hoped for a fleeting moment that my Dad had maybe sent him, but that was insane there was no way that was possible. Dad left 6 years ago when I was 10. He said it was his obligation. I always wondered what that obligation was. The obligation that was more important than his family. I guess I would never know. I shook the idea out of my head and decided that I would try to just figure out who the guy was on my first day of school, which was on Monday. He looked my age. I guess I would just have to wait.
*
*

I hopped in my fast yellow sports car, well one of the many company cars, and started back to headquarters. I was going to get my head back in the right place before spy class tonight at nine. Who knew what we would be doing tonight.

©Lia B 2010

Please note this is copywrited. Please comment and say what you like, and don't like. Thanks!

on Jun. 30 2010 at 8:10 pm
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

No problem:)This was great.

on Jun. 30 2010 at 6:50 pm
_Lia_Aqua_ SILVER, Moorhead, Minnesota
of course I will! Thanks so much for the positive feedback!

on Jun. 30 2010 at 6:45 pm

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
-Randy Pausch

This was incredible.  Very well-described, wonderful writing style.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?