time heals everything

When I was ten, I got in a car crash. No one died, I had the worst injury. Just a broken arm but I was mad, I couldn’t write or play in gym. I complained but my mom would just tell me “In time darling. Time heals everything.”

She was right my arm healed and as I got older her advice proved right, over and over. Then when I was 17 you came along, beautiful smart everything I thought I couldn’t have. One night at a party we began talking and when a slow song came on you asked me to dance. What was I supposed to say? I couldn’t speak so I just nodded my head and let you lead me out on to the floor. That was our first dance together and you whispered “this will be our song.” I couldn’t have been more thrilled

We were criticized by many people at first and rumors spread but that didn’t matter to you, you said I only did. Meeting your parents was the scariest night of my life. After though, I saw where you got your manners and charm from. They proved just as kind and loving as you.

Time had made us stronger and after two months you told me you love me. All I could do was smile and once more ponder the thought of an angel like you loving me. As time passed we began to get more serious and I soon found you were just as nervous as I to take the next step. Your nerves didn’t last long, and soon I found you getting mad, pushing me farther but I just couldn’t. Something was stopping me. Call me crazy but I believed, and still do, in true love. What we had was love but not the one person I would be with forever. You seemed to know this too because after are one year anniversary a few months before our senior graduation you finally said we should break up.
Although I agreed I still cried when I got home. My mom walked in that night stroking back my hair she whispered “In time darling. Time heals everything.”

thepreechyteenager said...

Great ending, really strong :)  In the middle wih the whole relationship thing you got a little off-topic, but the ending pulled it back really well.  Good descriptions throughout, and the emotions were just spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep writing!

Can you comment and rate my story, "Encounter"?

krzykrys replied...
thanks and after going back to read it your right, it did get a little off topic. im glad you liked my piece. ill be sure to check your work out too!

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This was excellent, love how you repeat the beginning at the end, really gives it a sense of closure.  Wonderful job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

krzykrys replied...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 10:46 am
thanks if i do say so myself i think its the best thing ive written so far, but who knows? your work is very good also! keep writing!

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! :D