Darkness | Teen Ink

Darkness

June 17, 2010
By Kresten16 SILVER, Schenectady, New York
Kresten16 SILVER, Schenectady, New York
7 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everday is a mystery, solve it" by Kresten Ballantyne


I look down the dark road and see nothing in sight not even a light. I hold my arms out and they disappear, my arms going numb like all life has gone from me. Sometimes I feel like I am on the wrong side. All my dreams and wishes that I pray to happen, just float in mid air like dust in the wind. I lie down on the cold ground and look up into the stars and see your face. I reach my hand out and try to touch you but you disappear into the darkness. I get up and take a breath; I have one chance to succeed. I turn around and walk down the street and then turn around again and face my challenge. I break out in a slow jog and then a sprint, right before I step into the other world I take my breath. I run through the darkness searching for your hand, screaming at the top of my lungs for you. I can feel my body failing on me, like a knife going through me. Unable to take the pain I break down and drop to my knee’s in tears screaming your name. I just knelt there and finally let the darkness take over me and turn me to dust. I slowly drift away like my hopes and dreams in the wind. I will say this one thing, I love you and I pray that I will have you in my arms one day.