Darkness

I look down the dark road and see nothing in sight not even a light. I hold my arms out and they disappear, my arms going numb like all life has gone from me. Sometimes I feel like I am on the wrong side. All my dreams and wishes that I pray to happen, just float in mid air like dust in the wind. I lie down on the cold ground and look up into the stars and see your face. I reach my hand out and try to touch you but you disappear into the darkness. I get up and take a breath; I have one chance to succeed. I turn around and walk down the street and then turn around again and face my challenge. I break out in a slow jog and then a sprint, right before I step into the other world I take my breath. I run through the darkness searching for your hand, screaming at the top of my lungs for you. I can feel my body failing on me, like a knife going through me. Unable to take the pain I break down and drop to my knee’s in tears screaming your name. I just knelt there and finally let the darkness take over me and turn me to dust. I slowly drift away like my hopes and dreams in the wind. I will say this one thing, I love you and I pray that I will have you in my arms one day.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This is incredible, so dark and mysterious and intriguing.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?