Mistakes, Mistakes.....

Mia St. Claire has a terrible crush on Josiah Rogers. She is in the 9th grade and he is in the 11th grade. He is beyond cute, super talented and really sweet. He’s also respectful, obedient, has an awesome tenor and bass voice, plays the guitar for the youth group, funny, etc. Did I mention cute?

Anyway, you get the point. When they’re at the youth group and he’s on the platform singing and playing the guitar, she just gazes at him and doesn’t sing. All of her friends tease her, but she ignores it. Hey, what can a girl do when she’s in love? Only downer, she’s afraid to talk to him, but she’ll stand around and listen to him talk to his friends so she at least knows what he likes.

“I’m serious! He is amazing! What girl doesn’t like Josiah Rogers?” asked Mia one day at the lunch table. “Everyone except you apparently!” laughed Janice, her BFF. Her other BFF, Gina, who is totally equal comforted, “It’s ok. You like him and we should be good friends. Right, Janice?” “Uh hu, yeah. Ooook! I guess I can do that.” “Thanks guys. I really want to keep it on the down low though, ok?” requested Mia sternly. “Of course.”

That night at youth group the director, Mr. Billard, announced that the youth room had finally been finished. “We will be having a party next week now that we have a new kitchen!” shouted Mr. Billard. All the girls screamed and the guys yelled deeply, “Yeaaaah!”
After the service was over and they were all just hanging out until it was time to go, Mia finally got up the courage to go over to him and say, “I liked the songs we sang tonight. It’s good to throw some new ones in every once in a while.” “I agree. Some of the songs are really boring or just flat out weird.” They both laughed and abruptly stopped as Mr. Billard walked by. Josiah continued to pack up his guitar. “Well, see ya next week! My mom’s outside, so bye!” responded Josiah as he left. Mia gazed after he had left and said with a sigh and a breathy voice, “Bye.”

Next week at the party, there was food of all kinds. Mia was just walking around with her plate when somebody tapped her on the shoulder. She spun around to see none other than Josiah. “Hey! Janice and Gina are over with me, Mike, Ryan and Julia. Wanna come?” Yeah sure!” replied Mia trying to act calm. “Hey Janice and Gina! I was looking for you guys and then….. yeah.” “Have you ever tried my mom’s cookies Mia?” “No.” “You have to. They’re amazing!” She went over to the table with him where he showed her where his mom’s cookies were. “Wow! These are amazing! I don’t think I’ve even tried this kind of cookie before.” Janice and Gina were talking to somebody else when they joined in to see how the two were doing. “You’ve never had peanut butter cookies before?” Josiah’s voice seemed to repeat over and over in her head as all of a sudden she collapsed.
“Mia? Mia! Help!!!” cried Josiah. “What did she eat?” “My mom’s peanut butter cookies.” “She’s allergic to peanuts. Her throat swells up and she can’t breathe. She only has about 5 more minutes! Hurry call 911!!” screamed Janice as she began to squeeze her friends hand and cry.
Luckily, the ambulance got there just in time to hook her up to an oxygen tank. They also gave her an allergy shot and her neck soon regained its regular size so she was able to breathe on her own.
She was still unconscious however, but woke up about 2 or 3 hours later safe in the hospital. “Oh Jeff! She’s awake. Go get the doctor!” exclaimed her mom. The doctor came in to do some tests. The doctor told them that they could go to sleep now and that Mia would be under special care and watch.
As she lay there at about 2am not able to go to sleep after that big ‘nap’ she had, somebody or something was smacking her curtain. “Who is it?” asked Mia. “A scared but thankful friend!” said Janice. “You’re allowed in, Janice!” However, in walked Josiah. She was very angry at Janice knowing that she had planned this. She was in a hospital robe for Pete sakes!
“Better?” “A little. Thank you for helping me with everything.” “Ah it was noth’n. I really care about you and just wanted to make sure that you were ok.” “Wait…what was that first part? I..I think I missed it,” teased Mia. He smiled and blushed. “I said that I really care about you and once you’re up to it….(he paused) would you go out with me?” In her head she squealed, but in reality she just said, “Yes. I’d like that.” He smiled again, said cool and walked away. Janice peeped through the curtain and gave her a thumb’s ups with a quiet squeal. Mia laughed, leaned her head back on the pillow and thanked God for saving her life and for giving her such awesome friends…well, and Josiah but, that’s a different story.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This was excellent, very sweet and funny, very well-written.  Great job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
thnx! sure thing! evry1 on teenink is so much better than me; always rdy 2 learn =)

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 6:33 am
Thanks! And no, not everybody on teenink is better than you, this was a great piece.

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
oh thnx! I still hav2 disagree but ok! lol

No really, this was great, better than mine.

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
what's it called? I'll check it out and be the judge of that lol

Haha thanks!  I was just referring to my work in general, so you could pick any of my articles.

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 11:50 am
lol ok cool! will do when I can tho...gettn rdy for school and all and family stuff =( but definately I'd love to check it out =)

gotchalk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks:D  

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
no problemo! XD