Me, You, and the Charade-Playing Clouds... | Teen Ink

Me, You, and the Charade-Playing Clouds...

By Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia
Lover_that_Hates DIAMOND, Reynolds, Georgia

"She was fascinated with words. To her words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion that could be combinded with other words to create powerful spells." From: Lighting(By: Dean Koontz)

“A clown.”

“A monster truck.”
“A sunflower.”
“A boxing glove.”
“A dog.”
“A pirate ship.”
“A submarine.”
“A pear.”
“A lemon tree.”
You turn your eyes from the clouds, to look at me. Your hair falls across your forehead; I reach over to brush it away.
“I see you.” You say, looking at me in that way. That way no one ever has before you and the way no one will after you.
The clouds are perfect today; big and fluffy. They are creating all sorts of crazy pictures in our minds. The grass is soft and the air smells clean. I would never swear to have seen a more beautiful day. And of course it was just me and you: as always.
Your hand isn’t as boney as it once was under mine. And my toes wiggling against yours aren’t caked with the mud of childhood summer fun, but are instead painted with the lime green nail-polish that you gave me.
I smile at you in that way. The way I never smiled at anyone else before and the way I’ll never smile at anyone again.
“And I see you.” I say, because I do. I always have and I always will.
A last summer together, a last look up at the charade-playing clouds, a last chase across our favorite wheat covered field, a last hug to go with a last goodnight; and of course, I don’t think either of us could live without that inevitable last kiss.
We both look back up at the clouds. What else is there for us to do? We still had this afternoon, even if it was the last. So it will just be me, you, and the artistic clouds.
“A guitar.”
“A dinosaur.”
“A panda bear.”
“Now, I see the clown.”

The end of so many wonderful things, leaving only memories behind that are never as good as the real thing. But at least we have an eternal moment like this one. A last moment that in itself is a promise of the ever-lasting.

CloudWanderer BRONZE, Wheelersburg, Ohio

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of your true love. If you must steal, steal from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. If you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

I think this pretty much sums this piece up: beautiful.

cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas
I couldnt pick a favorite of yours, so i have a few. This is DEFINITLY one of them...probably #1. I like the concept of Charade-Playing Clouds. I doubt most people think of it that way. Beautiful. =)

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was amazing, so sweet and relatable, very well-written.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?