A once love story

She met him in a pizza store. They met each others eye, and she got her soul lost somewhere in his warm smile. He didn't feel anything at first, then she came to him and said,"hi". Their conversation went well. he invited her to dinner, and she said,"is this a date?"

He said,"maybe", with a wicked smile. they had a fantastic night together, he walked her home and said good bye, everything was perfect. She came inside and went to sleep, but that night she couldn't sleep because the world had just gotten better than her dreams. As she kept thinking about him that night this thought came to her. She was afraid to meet him, because she might like him, she was afraid to like him, because she might love him, she was afraid to love him because she might lose him... This thought frightened her that night, but she didn't think about it too much. The next morning he came to her house and together they walked to school. He went through every class with her, brightened her day up by making her smile every second. That moment was so perfect and special to her as if she could hold a star whenever he made her smile, then right now she would have the whole sky in her palm. Their days of love kept going and going perfectly until that fateful day. They were out on the beach alone, together under the night sky. She said," You know, you might be a person to a world, but to a person u are their world. I'm jealous of every girl that has ever hugged you, because for one moment they had my world in their arms." Her mind was filled with love, and she thought, loving is like breathing, how can you stop?. After she said those sweet sentences, he smiled awkwardly and said," I cant do this anymore"
She looked at him with disbelieve but still had hopeful eyes. "What do you mean?" she said nervously.
" I don't know if this will work out for us anymore, I can feel that our love is fading away." He said.
She stared at him in shock and couldn't decide whether to say " I understand" or " I hate you!!" Then she stood up and said three words as a tear ran down on her cheek, " You... Broke... Me..." Suddenly the sky started raining hard. She walked away crying, through the streets. People were running to hide somewhere away fro the rain. She didn't run but walked slowly home, crying her eyes out. As she walked home, she thought," I like crying in the rain, because no one could see me crying". She didn't say a word for the whole three weeks, her eyes were so empty and filled with despair. In her mind, she thought " I hate him ", But her heart is screaming," I really love him!!!". She still loves him even from her little broken heart pieces. He moved on to another girl, and she thought she could move on too. But whenever she would meet a new guy she kept thinking about him as her heart ached and was ready be broken again.
His new girl dumped him and he came back for her. He said," please come back to me, I really love you I just made the biggest mistake in my life, please believe me."
Then instead of slapping his face and yelling at him, she said," Why should I believe you if the word LIE is in the middle of your word beLIEve?" As she said that her heart screamed" I do, I want to believe you ." then the hardest part was to hold back tears and pretend there's that nothing wrong and walk away. Then whenever someone says," It's better to be loved and dumped than to never be loved at all". She'll say," you just never get your heart broken again and again". Love is like playing a piano, you have to play it from the rules, but sometimes you forgot and play it from your heart.

THE END

Huong N. said...
Romantic ♥ !

writergirl13 said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:19 am:
AWWW!!! This is amazing and so though-provoking! I almost burst into tears myself, and i'm someone that rarely cries! (although that would have been awkward seeing as how i'm sitting in the library... i don't need anyone to call 911, lol!! :) :) :)) Beautiful piece, although i would personallly love to see it longer with similes, metaphors, etc. i don't know, i'm just that kind of perosn!:)

Player317 said...
Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:27 pm:
thank you and i will

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:00 am:

This is incredible, love  how she didn't take him back, awesome last sentence.  Great job!  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?