Twisted Love | Teen Ink

Twisted Love

My eyes were full of tears when I looked back at my love, Kyle. I couldn’t bare the heart ache he gave me, and the hatred in his eyes… it just ripped me to pieces. All I could think about was him. I was forever torn. Though, I never dated him, it still hurt. The funny thing was, I was in love with this guy that broke my heart, when I have my own boyfriend, who was in fact, barely a boyfriend at all. I looked up from my hands, and laid my gaze on Emmet. I silently pleaded to him, asking him to help me. I watched him look at me, and his eyes softened with understanding, but grew alert with concern. Emmet was my best friend’s boyfriend. Oh, how I envied that she had a great guy like Emmet. But the sad thing was, I knew what she was doing…cheating on a great guy like him. And this guy she was cheating on Emmet with was a complete and total loser. I looked into Emmet’s baby blue eyes, and I saw the innocence of him not knowing this horrid predicament. It broke my heart, more so, in a way. I pitied him. I watched as he opened his mouth, as if to say something to me. He turned around, and looked to see if the teacher was around. When the coast was clear, he scooted his chair over to me.

“Hey,” he said, his gaze on my face.

“Hi, Emmet,” I said, my voice full of sadness and depression.

I wasn’t used to talking to him, I may have talked to him here and there a bit while he has been going out with my best friend, Joy, but not, at all often.

“Your friend, Hailey, said you needed a guy to talk to,” he said, in a sympathetic and soothing voice.

I remembered talking on the phone with Hailey, and how I said I needed a guy to talk to. But I never intended on Emmet of all people to help me. “Thanks, but why would you want to hear my problems? You barely even know me…”

“Because your Joy’s best friend and I don’t like seeing her friends getting hurt,” he said in a matter of fact voice.

“I could tell you stuff…but how can I trust you?” I questioned him.

“You can trust me with anything, Lissie,” He said, his eyes looking straight into mine.

This is the beginning of a story I was planning to start; Twisted Love. I would love feedback for this, and any of my other articles. Thank you so much for reading!

MyFairyTaleEnding SILVER, Villa Ridge, Missouri
I wills! And thanks...I'm happy too.:)

Team A...<3 said...

LOVED! Ur such a good writer... Im jealous... Write more and email them to me...

Love,

Team A

Thank you so much! And I will check out your work as so as I can!! Thanks again!

Thank you!!! I didn't realize I used so many "I"s in this! Haha! And I will describe their appearances, thanks for noting that too. I will continue the story most definatley. Thank you sooo much for your feedback!!   

I.Luv.Writing BRONZE, New Haven, Connecticut

''There is always room for improvement''

Great job. I suggest to use less "I"s and also describe the characters physical appearances. Definately continue the story. Again , great job. Also you have very good vocab choice.

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This is great!  Write more, please!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?