All I Have So Far. Called "The Ordinary Life Of A Girl Named October | Teen Ink

All I Have So Far. Called "The Ordinary Life Of A Girl Named October

By NatashaIsEffenAmazing BRONZE, Dying Slowly In, Minnesota
NatashaIsEffenAmazing BRONZE, Dying Slowly In, Minnesota

i think being fearless is allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor.

Another day. October got out of bed, and put on her favorite pair of skinny jeans, her plaid shirt and her black all stars. She ran into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. Her reflection showed her sleek black hair, a little frizzy from sleeping, her bright blue eyes, with her nose piercing. She put on some eyeliner, straightened her hair, and left the bathroom. She was always up before her parents. The time now was 6:35. She ran down stairs and grabbed her car keys off the hook. She unplugged her phone from her charger, and checked if she had any messages. She walked into the kitchen and got herself some breakfast. When October was done with her pancakes, she put her plate in the sink, and was out the door at 7:05. It was about a five-minute drive to her new school. She had moved to Florida during the summer, and she missed her old home in Kentucky. She turned into the parking lot, and parked the car. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. She got out of the car and gazed at the ENORMOUS school. Her old school had been small and simple. This school was massive compared to it. She walked through the doors, and started looking for her locker. Once she found that, she explored the school in her journey to find her homeroom. When she entered her homeroom, everyone in the class except a boy in the corner of the room next to an empty desk, stared in awe. Her clothes were bizarre compared to their clothes and her hair was a completely different style. She instantly felt home sick. Mr.Rando, her homeroom teacher, told her to introduce herself. "Well, my name is October Connor, and i am sixteen years old. I have an escalade. I like the bands All Time Low and nevershoutnever!, and i am excited to be here." "Does anyone have any questions for Ms.Connor?" asked Mr. Rando. A girl with perfect ringlets and a whole bunch of make-up on raised her hand. "Yes..?" said October. "My name is Tiffany, and my question is, what is with your WEIRD accent..?" Everyone laughed. "Well i'm from Kentucky. You guys all sound funny to me too." was October's response. Another kid raised their hand. This one was a girl with colorful hair and brown eyes.. "My name is Vanna, and well, why did you move to Florida?" "Oh, that's easy," said October. "My dad's job has several companies. He got transferred here." "Okay! Who's next to introduce themselves?" The boy who was the only one who hadn't stared at her raised his hand. "You my dear boy, come on up here!" October made her way over to the empty desk that was next to the boy's. "My name is Dalton, and i'm from Minnesota, which is way colder than here. I live with my aunt Brittany and uncle Adam. That's pretty much it. Questions..?" October raised her hand. "Yeah..?" "If you don't mind, why don't you live with your parents..?" Dalton winced. "My parents died in a house fire when i was 8." "Oh my gosh, I'm SOO sorry!" said October. She felt terrible. "Nah it's okay. Accidents happen." The bell rang. "We'll finish intoductions tomorrow shall we? Off to your second hour!" Mr. Rando annoucned. October was in Tiffany's 2nd our, which was Ancient Civilizations. Her third our was Technical Education. She did not like this class back home, but this teacher was pretty cool! Fourth hour, she was in gym. Boy oh boy, did she like this unit! They we're doing soccer, and she was her team captain on her old soccer team. She scored about 6 goals in 5 minutes! The gym teacher, Mr.Fandlu, asked her to join the soccer team. October gladly accepted this invitaion. After fourth hour, she had lunch. While she was walking to lunch she heard a familiar voice from behind her. "Hey, wanna sit with me..?" She turned to find Dalton, with his smiling face.. "Sure! I'd love to sit with you!" They walked over to a corner table. "What'd ya bring to eat?" Dalton asked. "Oh, i just brought and apple and a vitamin water. What about you?" Dalton looked a little concerned. "i brought a sandich and a bottle of mountain dew." "I absolutly LOVE Mtn. Dew. Every friday me and my friends would stay over at someones house, and drink it to stay up all night." smiled. "Do you miss Kentucky yet?" October saddened at the name of her old state. "Yeah, i miss all my friends and the friday sleepovers and the mall saturdays. But hey, there is a beach here." She said with a smile. Dalton chuckled. "Yeah i guess there is. I can't believe the first day of school is on Friday. Hey, wanna go to the beach tomorrow?" October thought for a second. "Sure, i'd love to go. But i don't have a swim suit.." Dalton smiled. "Don't worry, we'll go shopping, i don't have one either." October laughed. The lunch bell rang and she and Dalton said their good-byes. The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. When she got home, she heard her cell ringing. "Hello?" "Hey! It's Dalton! I found your number in the directory. But hey, can i come over?" "Dalton! Hey, but why do you want to come over?" Dalton sighed a little sigh. "My uncle is drunk again. He's always doing this. My aunt is with her mom. She's in the hospital. Anyways, my uncle is really abusive, drunk or not. And i have no where else to go right now." October was shocked. "Of course you can come over. I'll tell my mom." "Okay. See you in 10 minutes." Dalton hung up. October got up and went down stairs to wait for Dalton. She saw headlights, and went to unlock the door. "Hey" Dalton said, entering the house. "Hey," October said, noticing his eye was turning purplish. "Did your uncle HIT you.?!" Dalton looked at the floor. "Uh yeah, when i was leaving the house, he got all mad because i was going and he grabbed me by the arm and punched me in the eye.." Dalton got quiet. October, looked around and then asked him if he wanted something to drink "Sure what'd ya have?" October thought for a second. "Well we have water, milk, and some pop." Dalton smiled. "Let me guess, Mtn. Dew?" October giggled. "Yeah. Want one?" "Sure, I'd love one." October started walking towards the kitchen, and turned back and said "You can sit on the couch if you want." She came back out to the living room and handed Dalton his soda. "Thanks," he said with a crooked smile. They sat there talking about what their favorite bands were and songs and lots more. "Well," Dalton said, "Where are your parents?" October laughed, "They went to stay at a hotel for the night. it was way too warm in here for them." Dalton chuckled. "I guess they couldn't handle the heat." October got butterflies in her stomach. She started to see, that Dalton was actually REALLY cute. And his smile was amazing. She realized she was falling. October stood up quickly. "Umm, you can sleep in the basement okay? Just in case my parents come home." Dalton looked confused. "I thought they knew i was coming over.." October looked innocently at the floor. "Well, maybe, just maybe, i didn't tell them?" Dalton looked angry. "You told me you were gonna tell your mom!" October started to tear up. "I.. I'm sorry.." she said, choking up. Dalton looked sorry. "Hey, don't cry. I didn't mean to yell." October burst into tears. She sat on the couch, with her face in her hands. Dalton walked over to her, and let her cry on his shoulder. When October finally came around to stop crying, she looked up at Dalton, whose brown eyes looked sincerly sorry. Dalton looked uncomfortable. "Can i.. kiss you?" he asked. October lookd at him in shock. Without waiting for her answer, Dalton leaned in and they kissed passionietly. She was in love. She knew it from the start. Dalton leaned back, out of breath. "Wow," October said. "Yeah," smiled Dalton.

i was amazingly bored one day(;

xxdinobabexx SILVER, Exeter, New Hampshire
this was *amazing*. I love October's musical taste :D maybe you can work on the flow a little bit more, and add some details? Other than that, the plot is amazing!

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This is nice, sweet and well-written.  Great job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

Egyptiangirl13 GOLD, Kansas City, Missouri

\"either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. -Benjamin Franklin

\"If columbus would have turned back, no one would have blamed him. No one would have remembered him either.\"

\"If music be the food of love, play on.\"

wow!!! this is awesome!! i love the plot its sooooooo good!!!! i'd love to read more!! maybe a sequel!! i would love it if you would check out some of my work sometime!!