Something You Don't Want to Forget | Teen Ink

Something You Don't Want to Forget

By Bri Turpin BRONZE, Vernon, Vermont
Bri Turpin BRONZE, Vernon, Vermont

I never want to forget the first time he said, “I love you.” There were no candles, no music or even a fancy restaurant, but it was still perfect in all of its simplicity. I dropped him off at school in the morning and since it was summer, no school for me, I was planning on it being any other day. I pulled up to the front of the building and we hugged, said our goodbyes and he started to get out of the car. As he was about to shut the door he popped his head back in and said, “By the way, you’re amazing and I love you.” Of course, me being anti emotions and not believing in teen love, stumbled over my words got embarrassed and muttered something completely incoherent. He pretended not to notice because he’s amazing like that, kissed me on the cheek and walked off towards the building. I pulled out of the parking lot, my mind all over the place. Did he really just say that? Does he mean it? Why did I just make an idiot out of myself? Did I love him? The moment I asked myself that last question a smile slowly made its way across my face. He was my best friend, of course I loved him. I’ve loved him since we were twelve years old. He took me by surprise because I didn’t know he felt that way about me. He’s almost as bad as I am when it comes to feelings. The fact that we love each other, are in love, terrified me, but when he looked me in the eyes and said those three little words he was so confident. He made me feel like it was okay to take that leap of faith and love him too. That day was seven months ago and now I never stumble over those words when I’m with him. That was one of the best days of my entire summer. He loved me.

on Jun. 28 2010 at 8:09 pm
HollyGolightly BRONZE, Moreno Valley, California

"I was born with an enormous need for affection and a terrible need to give it." - Audrey Hepburn

That was very cute and was just right to the point I liked it. Maybe read my article sometime. :-)

on Jun. 25 2010 at 3:29 pm
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was nice, short sweet and emotional.  Great job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?

on Jun. 16 2010 at 10:12 pm
taylorf463 GOLD, Marion, Kentucky

If he'll lie for you, he'll lie to you.

An ending was an ending. No matter how many pages of sentences and paragraphs of great stories let up to it, it would always had the last word.

Nice. I like this. :)