obsessed...chapter 4 | Teen Ink

obsessed...chapter 4

By charjonas SILVER, Williamstown, New Jersey
charjonas SILVER, Williamstown, New Jersey

"live like you're at the bottom, even if you're at the top" jonas brothers

“Can you pass me another cigarette?” Kristy asked. It was our first time hanging out in over a month. It was the middle of March, it was cold, and on that particular day it was raining. I still hadn’t given Kyle an answer, but he still wanted me to be with him. I wanted to make that Kristy, although still in love with him, was over him. “Bre, I need that lighter, too.”
As I handed the lighter to her, I thought about what I had to say. Here it goes. I thought. “Kristy, can I ask you something?” She nodded. “Are you, like, over Kyle?”
“Didn’t I tell you that I was still in love with him?”
“Yes? But, I thought maybe that you could still want to move onto someone else.”
“Maybe you could, but I can’t.” Her voice sounded agitated. “Does that answer your question?”
I was stunned that Kristy suddenly had an attitude. “Don’t be such a jerk. I have to go.” I told her, heading for her bedroom door. As I walked home in the rain, I’d made up my mind. I was going to be with Kyle. And I didn’t care if Kristy or anyone in the whole school found out. I got out my cell phone and dialed Kyle’s number. He picked up on the first ring. “Kyle? Can you come over, please? We need to talk.”

By the time I walked up to my driveway, Kyle’s car was already there. He was inside, getting entertained by my mother. They’d never met before, so I knew I was in for my mom freaking out on me about him. I opened the front door and walked up the stairs. I heard laughing, which was unusual for my house and for mom. They were sitting at the kitchen table, eating macaroni and cheese.
My mom smiled at me as I stood in the doorway. It was a genuine smile, unlike the fake ones she’d been putting on since she left Dad. But, I had understood why. It was Kyle’s charisma. He could make anyone smile, that’s why he was so popular.
“Hi, baby. How was Kristy’s?” she asked. Kyle turned around to look at me. His eyes sparkled, and then he winked.
I shrugged, “We had a little argument.”
“Aw, I’m sorry, baby.”
“It’s no big deal, Mom.” I looked at Kyle. “When did you get here?”
“As soon as we got off the phone, I ran to my car.” He laughed. “I was going to sit out in my car and wait for you. But, your mom let me in.”
“Honey, did you walk here?” Mom asked, worried. I nodded, and she got up and looked for a blanket to put over my shoulders. “Why didn’t you call me, you know I would’ve picked you up.”
“I would have too, Bre.” Kyle interjected.
“I needed to walk alone, so I could think.” I smiled. “It’s really no big deal.” I repeated to them. Their expressions relaxed, but Kyle tensed up. “Ma, could you excuse us?”
“Sure, Bre.”
“It was nice meeting you, Ms. Clark.”
“It was a pleasure meeting you too, Kyle.”

Being in my room, alone, with Kyle was something I’d never would have imagined happening. He walked in after me and analyzed my room. When he looked at the pictures, my laptop, and my closet, he sat down on my bed. I sat in my recliner that faced my bed. Kyle began to feel at ease in my room. He took off his sneakers and laid down, closing his eyes.
“Ask me again.” I whispered.
He opened them back up, smiling. “Ask you what?” He giggled.
I smirked, “Ask me to be your girlfriend again.”
And he did. This time, though, I had felt different about my answer, this time I knew for sure that I wanted to be with him. Not the way it should’ve been, but, the way we wanted it to be for now. My answer came out so fast that I’d repeated myself about three times. On the third time, I walked over to my bed and he sat up and we kissed. Kyle’s lips were softer than they looked. I swear he was an angel or something. The kiss was, in my opinion, one of the best kisses I’d ever had.

on Jul. 15 2010 at 4:04 pm
cHicKEnWaNg1 SILVER, Marietta, Georgia

It aint no thang but a chicken wang

i hope finish it says it all

on Jul. 5 2010 at 11:48 am
TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado

"Go for whatever you want, even if your friends aren't backing you up. "

This story is really good. I would love to hear more of it. Keep up the good work!