Beginnings | Teen Ink

Beginnings

By thefalkon BRONZE, Fair Lawn, New Jersey
thefalkon BRONZE, Fair Lawn, New Jersey

She adjusted his black velvet bow tie promiscuously, while her perfume scent took command of his senses. Tracy Stone felt head over heels in love with Andrew, and tonight she couldn't be any happier to go to the place where it all began: Amore Inizio, a formal Italian restaurant a few blocks down from their apartment.

Tracy and Andrew were set up on a blind date by Tracy's friend, Lizzy. Tracy and Lizzy befriended each other in college, and remained friends since. Tracy, never loving anybody before nor having any previous relationships, felt completely lost and lonely among the millions of people that rushed through New York City. Lizzy happened to have a friend from high school, Andrew, that was not too different. Lizzy connected them by setting them up at a blind date at Amore Inizio, and their lives could not have been better since.

Something clicked between the two of them, like a piston in a car engine, and they fell in love with one another at first sight. As people started to file out of the restaurant, they became closer, and as the sun set into the blackness of the night, their conversations became livelier. From that point on, they routinely scheduled dates together, and Tracy and Andrew have been a couple for three years together. Time passed before their relationship picked up speed, but they moved into an apartment together by the second year of their relationship.

Tonight was no different than any other: no more or less unusual in any manner, and not any particularly important day. But tonight, tonight is the night that Andrew knows what he wants. Andrew saw the way that the red dress outlined Tracy's slender body, and his compassion could not have been fueled any further. For he was sure that he knew what he wanted.

Andrew guided Tracy down the stairs and into the cab. The October night filled the earth and it's cool winds brisked their skin; a perfect night.

"Evening," the cab driver gregariously said. He looked to be in his fifties, gray hair and wrinkles already appearing on his face, "Where to?"

"Amore Inizio, on South Have avenue." Andrew quickly muttured.

"Ah, I know the place. Fancy and formal, but not for me. My weekly paycheck would only cover the wine, and that's already excluding the meal and tip. Hey, do you have any idea what the name means?"

"Not a clue, sounds Italian."

"Amore Inizio," he repeated with a thick Italian accent, "Grandma was the only one in the family who spoke Italian. I think it means love beginnings or something, but my Italian is a little rusty. "

"Good to know," and with that Andrew took a glance at Tracy, and let out a grin; out of nervousness above all else.

They finally reached their destination and walked through the delicate glass door.

"Andrew, for two?" he said to the receptionist.

A heavyset waiter came along, and guided them through a maze of tables, all occupied by couples, new blinded in love and old permanently chained to each other through their love, until they arrived at their table, and they were seated.

"Andrew! Do you remember this place?"

"Of course! Your friend Lizzy set us up on a blind date here."

"Oh Andrew, that seems like forever ago."

"It does, it does."

Andrew could not keep his mind from twisting like a tornado and pounding like that of a drummer. Streams of sweat flowed from his head, but it didn't matter. Andrew looked up, and he saw the candle wick burn, it illuminated Tracy's face against the darkness of the restaurant. He fell in love with her white, gaunt face as he did the first time he sat here with Tracy.

"Tracy," stuttering, barely making out the words "Every time I look into your eyes I can't help but think that I am the luckiest man in the world. I have been the happiest I've been in my life ever since I met you, and Tracy, I feel like its the same for you. I don't know how else to say this, but Tracy, I love you. Any other woman would never be able to make me as happy as you do. Tracy, will you marry me?"

The diamond ring gleamed and lit up her face, and she stood there speechless, and in tears. Tracy desired this moment for as long as she loved him, and now it's happening.

"And a man could never make me happier. Andrew, yes!"

The sun set and Tracy and Andrew are forever connected by the bindings of their love. E comincia sempre (and forever begins).

OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

Lovely!  Perfect ending, with the Italian.  And awesome vocabulary, especially gregariously(I love that word!).  Great job, and keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?