I'm Sorry That I Love Him.

I pass the two of you in the hallway everyday, and I avert my eyes so I don't have to see you. It breaks my heart. I hope you know how lucky you are. He's incredible. And don't take this the wrong way, but you'll never know him like I do.
You can never insert yourself into the summer that we spent together. And there are some things that he's told me, that he'll never let you know. You'll never make him as happy as he was that day when we were locked out in the pouring rain, and he kissed me, and then we danced, and then we kissed again.
You can have him as long as he'll keep you around, but I'll bet he never told you "I'll come back for you someday, because I love you. You're the girl I want to marry."
So have fun while you can, and I'll continue to look the other way. I'm sorry that I'm in love with your boyfriend.
And by the way, you're invited to our wedding.

katherinetwizzee said...
THIS IS SO TRUE. I seriously love you now bro. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Irene said...
This is such a good poem! I love how it's both serious and playful.

Shannon_ said...
Jan. 19, 2011 at 8:34 am
It is really an amazing poem! I was about to cry in the middle of class. I can relate the entire poem but from the eyes of a guy. My only remarks are that the end doesn't fit into the loving atomsphere that i got from the rest of it. But overall- really great poem. keep it up

CarzKemp This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
lmaoo I love This... its Like a gentle Kick in the Butt.

shoelessjoe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
omg i love it ... a LOT.

blackraindrops said...
i love this and i especially love the ending. This is something that a lot of girls would like to say to their exboyfriends new girlfriend. This has very good details and it flows together very nicely.  its cute(:

shellbi123 said...
Nov. 2, 2010 at 9:45 am
this is the bast article ever. i think im in love . just kidding, but it is amazing the details are great and it totally just clicks in my mind

Ellawind said...
Ha, this is awesome! It's just so straightforward! The narrator is so confident in their connection with this guy that it's just funny (in a good way); it's brilliant!

-AlexAcadia. said...
i love this SO much :)

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
THIS CRACKED ME UP! im srry if its not ment 2 b a laffing matter! but the ending "btw, ur invited 2 our wdding" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO its like s slap in the face1 i love love love love love it!!!!!!! OMG I LOVE IT! hahaaha

givemetherapy replied...
bahaha! this is my favorite comment ever! and yes, the ending is supposed to be funny. thanks :)

bound4life4ever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:01 am

lol..glad u liked my comment but lol everytime i read it i giggle. nd yea.. imma check out all ur work in a sec

plez look at my stuff=)

olican16 said...
oh...u did read my stuff ignore that part of my last comment that said " so... read my stuff??

olican16 said...
your welcome so... check out my stuff??

olican16 said...
this is really good i lvoe it this is the best poem i've read on teenink i love it!!! Check out my stuff??

givemetherapy replied...
thank you :)

Saint_that_Sins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
short, sweet, and totally AMAZING! this was great! everything a story should be!

givemetherapy replied...
thank you so much!

blackstarsx3 said...
i love this!!!!!! :DD soo powerful. have a situation like that in my life . :/

givemetherapy replied...
thank you!