I Can See You in the Stars Lucy | Teen Ink

I Can See You in the Stars Lucy

June 11, 2010
By Babie PLATINUM, Modesto, California
Babie PLATINUM, Modesto, California
30 articles 0 photos 58 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I Hate Kid's I have to many realitives.....ahhhhh!"


'Sometimes when I'm alone; I can see you in the stars. I see that you are happy and content. That is satisfying in it self.'

Sometimes, I see her roam the sky as a beautiful silver dragon, completely free. Her smile is so radiant.

Sometimes I see her swim in the water. That's when she smiles the most. The stars always twinkle when she's happy.

Other times, I see the past. I see the places we've been to. I see the day we met or those precious few times when we were together. Those moments are priceless gems that are held in the sky by my deep love for that angel. I know I can always find her in the night sky, no matter where she may goes. However, no matter how hard I try – she cannot see me.

Sometimes I talk to you. I say things like ' I miss you' or 'Can you see me?' I become so frustrated when she doesn't reply. I've tried everything: Screaming, crying, singing, and laughing; but nothing works. She never looks down from the stars – at least not in my direction. Somehow the stars bright glow severs all spoken words to heaven.

Though, I still continue to try to talk to that angel in the sky and beg the stars for admittance.

No matter how old I get or far away I go, I know she will always be in my stars. My life with her will never end as long as my stars are found in the sky. A small part of me will always be with her. That's all that really matters. I smile.

I can still see the last time we had met…

The special night had started out normal enough. I had gone to be alone and try again at my window. I had just begun to plead with the distant diamonds. Usually my despair had gone to unanswered ears, but that night had been different. The stars had actually heard my prayer. Somehow my desire for acknowledgment had been heard.

Suddenly I'd found an angel, and instead of her flying, or swimming off in a different direction – she'd looked directly at me. Her face had immediately turned to recognition as she had dazzled me with a loving smile. The stars had twinkled in a similar fashion.

Her mouth had opened, but no words had come out. My joy had faltered. The stars had been still too bright for sound to be passed.

I had hurried and tried to have read her lips. I had been desperate to understand her eyes, a window to her soul. I had wanted to know everything that she had to say to me.

Noticing that our time was precious, I had decided to try and tell her something. 'Maybe she can understand my words.' With a rush of courage, I had yelled back. I had said, 'I love you, Lucy. I'll always be with you, watching.' I noticed then, that she had begun to fade.

I think she had heard me and had tried to reply, but the stars had begun to dim. The last thing I had seen was Lucy's sad face and the falling stars that had made her look like she was crying. Then she had vanished.

Dawn had arrived.

But once more I knew she would reside with me until the night sky showed once more


The author's comments:
I love that song from the beetles Lucy in the sky with diamonds. So this song is what made my hand move on paper.