A Million Pieces | Teen Ink

A Million Pieces

By temptedrose SILVER, Kent, Washington
temptedrose SILVER, Kent, Washington

Be who you want to be!

I suck in a breath as I wait for you to say the words I know that have been crawling in your skin. I slaved through the day just thinking of the words that will escape your mouth soon enough; the words that will immediately break my heart into a million pieces. If you would know what I felt against your decision maybe you won’t say them. Now the end of the day has reached and we meet in your staring lovingly into my face. I know you want to break up with me. I am a weird girl in school. You must think I’m weird too. But what you say touches my heart like an angel. Tears burst into my eyes as soon as you mutter these words that I needed to hear all along to move on. The words going across your tongue and out of your lips, as you briefly say “I love you, forever and always”. I choke through my tears of surprise and joy an “I love you too”.

This piece was written on a very rainy day and I just thought about a huge mistake somebody would make if they thought that their mate was going to break up with them.

temptedrose SILVER, Kent, Washington

Be who you want to be!

i meant to say 'as your staring lovingly at my face' but hey, everyone makes mistakes!