The Sun And The Moon | Teen Ink

The Sun And The Moon

By Hannaleiigh PLATINUM, Kittery Point, Maine
Hannaleiigh PLATINUM, Kittery Point, Maine

When you are here, you are like the sun. I wake when you arrive, and fall asleep when you leave. The dawn is no different than the dusk. There are no rainy days here. There are no sleepless nights. All of the clocks break and we are given endless time. Time to kiss your face and feel your hand between my legs. Time to learn and time to give and time to take. I fall asleep with your smell on me. If it is gone when I wake, there is no sadness because you surround me within hours. There are no silences here. Only laughing and kissing and sitting side by side. Only long grass and the ocean. Only love.

But when you are gone, you are like the moon to me. You are transparent and hard to see at times. You glow, but only when surrounded by darkness. There is no way of touching you. You do not bathe me in light, only guide me to bed. Like salt in the sea, my eyes are swollen when I see you, and swollen when you are missing. You cannot reach me beyond clouds. And when they clear, it only makes me more jealous of the stars. And sometimes I see you at times that surprise me and shake me, like on a cold winter day when you stay in the sky. But you are always the last thing I see before I close my eyes.

on Jun. 28 2010 at 7:42 pm
OfficialApprover PLATINUM, Orefield, Pennsylvania

Grab life by the balls. -Slobberknocker
We cannot change the cards we're dealt just how we play the hand
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
It's pretty easy to be smart when you're parroting smart people
-Randy Pausch

This was remarkable, great imagery and similes.  I loved it!  Wonderful job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?