Letters To The Boy Next Door

So I liked him. I mean who didn't. He was the type that made every girl look twice, including my mom. I knew he liked me as much as I liked him but I was shy and he was more out-going. So as you can see he started this little letter game a week after he moved next door. My mom made we walk with her to give his mom the cake she had made to welcome them into our neighborhood. I found out his name was Kareem; he was 14 and his favorite color was blue. So after his first letter, I made sure i always replied with a blue ink pen. He saw the best in me no matter what and I saw the same him. The school we were to attend would be open in two weeks. I had a boring summer until those letters started coming. I looked forward to them. When school starter we walked to school together everyday no matter how early or how late we were. He waited on mee no matter how many times I had to fix my hair and I waited on him no matter how many times he woke up late. We had a connection and our parents became aware of it. But they didn't mind we were young and in love. We grew up and went to the same college. We graduated from college together and then we got married on a beautiful,warm,sunny day in August. The date was exactly in between both our birthdays; August 1. His birthday was on July 31st and mine was August 2nd. We vowed to stay together for the rest of their lifes. The term til death do us part really applied to us. If I hadn't repled to the letters from the boy next door I would have never met the man I truly loved.

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This was great, very sweet and thought-provoking.  Excellent job.  Keep writing!

Btw, will you check out and comment on my work?