A Believer | Teen Ink

A Believer

June 3, 2010
By soccerchik9798 BRONZE, Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
soccerchik9798 BRONZE, Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do work


I don't know how anyone could think love at first sight can be possible. I mean of course I have "saw" it. Or so my friends say it was love at first sight with their boyfriends. But really it's just a strong phsical attraction. How can you love someone when you don't know them. How would a 15 year old girl even know what love is. What I do know though is I have never had it. My name is Evelyn Bailey Lynn. I'm 5' 8,with long black hair, and dirty green eyes. My hair so straight I can never do anything with it. Can't curl it or make it wavy and it upsets me everyday. My eyes are the ugliest green u can find and I hate it. I wish I looked like one of them models with their skinny figures and the confidence of the president. But I'm not, just a high school student in the 9th grade with many fake friends, and only one hobbie.

Ever since I was little I have loved ballet. With there pointed toes and high buns on top of their heads, ballerines looked like the most beatiful creatures alive. When I was 10 years old was when I saw my first play. The Nutcracker was amazing and evil at the same time. The dancers moved with graceful steps and unnatural moves. That's when I knew I had to try it. My mom was surprised and signed me up right away, hopeing I wouldn't quiet before she did. So for the past 5 almost 6 years of my life I have worked and killed myself to do this one thing with my life. Ballet brought something to my life when I had nothing and I have promised to practice everyday.

So when I just got out of practice it was dark and I was use to the street lights of New York City. I was walking home because our apartment was on the corner. My mom insisted we move closer so I wouldn't have to waste money on a cab to get home. I always had my pepper spray because they have many weird people in New York City. I guess I wasn't paying attention because the next thing I know this person walks right into me and I freak spraying a large amount of pepper spray in the face of a stranger. But this person was not a stranger. But a student at my ballet studio that I went to. He was very tall with a lean muscle body. He had beatiful rich dark brown eyes that I could not see with the darkness surrounding us, and dirty blonde hair of an angel. That's when I remember the pepper spray and rushed to help Gaberial Carter.

He was sitting on the ground with his hands smashed to his face. "Oh my gosh!!! I so sorry! I didn't mean to this time. Do you need to go to the hospital?"I rushed out the words all together, but he still understood me because the next thing he says is "No not at all you might tazer me." Then I'm sure that this is Gab and that I should invite him to the apartment, to help get the pepper spray cleaned up. Surprisingly I do just that.

I have know Gab ever since we were little. We would fight over who got to feed the classroom goldfish, and whose friend was whoses. We were never friends though for some odd reason. But you can't denie that he is hot. With a major case of additute. He's always causing problems in the ballet classes. I really don't know why he does it anyway.

The first thing I notice is that my mom isn't home and the place is a mess. I don't think it matters considering he can't see. Oops! I trip over my high heels on the way with him linked to my arm to the bathroom. I grab a towel and tell him the sink is right here. Then I walk out to my patio and look at the wide New York City. Why do I always cause messes?

He scares the crap out of me when he whispers "thank you," so close to me I can feel his breath and I jump so high that he laughs. "I guess that's pay back enough for spraying me in the face." He says this with an evil grin. I don't say anything though, just stand there and look at the beatiful landscape.

Then all of a sudden he turns right on his heels and ventures off in my house. Of course I go after him, because I really don't want him to see my horrible messy place. But I'm so slow that he is already in my bedroom. I don't really think bedroom is the right word, considering there is nothing in it. No posters or pictures of friends. Just a bed and a closet. He turns to look at me with a face of amusement. Then hes gone again.

I take my time to collect myself and shut my door. Then I find myself in the living room with him on the couch watching some movie and for some strange reason I sit down also. I can't tell you what made me do it but the next thing I know I'm laughing at the same funny things as him and I don't care. This momment is so special I don't even realize it. Then all of a sudden were making out and again I don't realize it. It just feels like some out of body experience, and I know that this is love. Well not love but could be. I really feel like I could love him. I think we stayed up all night making out and watching movies. He never did go home until early in the morning. But the weirdest thing was I didn't even care, I felt like I could be here forever.


The author's comments:
if u like it then maybe i will edit it.