Flirting With Fractions This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

One-eighth of me, or maybe a tenth, is acutely aware of the approximately 22 inches that separate your shoulder and mine. One casual shift later, I'm four inches closer. I can always just blame it on your magnetic force pulling me in.

One or two-fifths of me is analyzing your body language subtly. Have you inched closer to me, or is it just wishful thinking? I'm simply an academically inclined girl, dull next to your golden shine. The odds are not in my favor.

At least one-fourth of me is wishing something would happen already. There's a fair probability that all this waiting will amount to nothing. Is this all just a waste of time? I hesitate to hypothesize.

A good third of me is now close to hyperventilating. Your arm is brushing mine. Either you moved closer or I did, subconsciously. It could be both.

One-half to three-fourths of me is now debating what to do next. My options are laid out, and for once I have no clue. Why don't they teach us this in school, rather than theorems and formulas and all those facts that I so studiously memorize? There is no logical decision. Logic has gone out the window. What a scary world this is.

It turns out I don't have to decide because suddenly you reach for my hand. Or maybe I reach for yours. The details are unclear at this point.

But 100 percent of me likes it.

SmileyFace13 said...
haha this it like sooo many girls. every time i am around a guy i like a lot i try to act normal but i am really thinking about every move he is making. soooo cute:) 

billgamesh11 replied...
That is exactly what I do!!!

doyoulove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so cute! i'm a bit of a math nerd myself, so it made me smile. :)

Annabelle294 said...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 10:17 am
This is adaorable, i absolutely love the concept, it couldn't better explain the sittuation.

HorseLover said...
Jan. 23, 2011 at 6:12 am
The title got me from the start...love the story!! Great job!!

ViralGirl said...
This is absolutely amazing. It has to be, hands down, the best and cutest story I've ever read.

Sanchi G. said...
This is awesome. :D

Eich_Ar said...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 5:35 am
 I LOVE IT!!! Keep writing

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 12, 2010 at 6:57 am
So original - I love it! *favorites* Keep up the amazing work!

scousinsxd said...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:08 am
i love this, it's so cute. i really like how you ended it with "100% of me likes it."

Rachel_Gleek said...
Nov. 30, 2010 at 10:41 am

I like it (:

It's very creative. I like your writing style. It lacks a bit of detail, but that's okay with the way you wrote it.

BlueBananas said...
I love it! It's so cute:)

SideraCaeli said...
This is cute :) It's very mathematical, and that makes it even cuter.

Mykindapeopledontcarewhatyouthink said...
This was really good. It wasnt too much but it wasnt the bare minimum. if you get what i mean. Some people try to continue a story more but i think its a perfect finish!

steph95 said...
hey its me again, i have a question!!! i submitted about three articles at the smae time one before the other well two of them were accepted but the first one that i submitted , they didnt accept it yet, its still pending approval for about weeks, what does that mean? do u have any idea about it? cuz i am confused , if that is a gd thing or a bad thing?? thx a lot anyways!!!

The_Squirrel said...
To me, this was amazing. I like how easily I connected , having more book smarts then actuall people smarts. I also though it was a little suspensefull, but that might be because I'm watching a scary movie. Either way, please, please please keep writing.

steph95 said...
Nov. 2, 2010 at 9:03 am
love it!! very nice!! can u check my work nd comment please!!!

smileyface9 said...
I LOVED IT!! :D That was soooooooooooooooo CUTE!! C:

bookprincess said...
Oct. 26, 2010 at 11:10 am
love the story. i thought it was really cute and creative. my favorite part is the ending

Nannabanana22 replied...
awwwwwww...thats so cute :D reminds me of haha me but im not that calculative hahaha :)

Nutty3,14 said...
Oct. 26, 2010 at 8:33 am
The title is catchy and cute, loved the story and creative influence and the ending is just perfect. :)