Flirting With Fractions This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

One-eighth of me, or maybe a tenth, is acutely aware of the approximately 22 inches that separate your shoulder and mine. One casual shift later, I'm four inches closer. I can always just blame it on your magnetic force pulling me in.

One or two-fifths of me is analyzing your body language subtly. Have you inched closer to me, or is it just wishful thinking? I'm simply an academically inclined girl, dull next to your golden shine. The odds are not in my favor.

At least one-fourth of me is wishing something would happen already. There's a fair probability that all this waiting will amount to nothing. Is this all just a waste of time? I hesitate to hypothesize.

A good third of me is now close to hyperventilating. Your arm is brushing mine. Either you moved closer or I did, subconsciously. It could be both.

One-half to three-fourths of me is now debating what to do next. My options are laid out, and for once I have no clue. Why don't they teach us this in school, rather than theorems and formulas and all those facts that I so studiously memorize? There is no logical decision. Logic has gone out the window. What a scary world this is.

It turns out I don't have to decide because suddenly you reach for my hand. Or maybe I reach for yours. The details are unclear at this point.

But 100 percent of me likes it.

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 8, 2012 at 12:44 am:
I love it! Please write some more!

purpleink said...
happy sigh, love it! love it! love it! :D

Goddess said...
LOL. things like this make math interesting. you did a great job.

introducingshelby said...
Aren't you the clever one? This is marvelous c*:

lindsaylyricist said...
Dec. 11, 2011 at 12:11 am:
The first paragraph alone was phenomenal. I was immediately hooked. The math in it adds a bit of charm since it's unusual. Keep writing!

Mgrobinson said...
I love the quirkiness of the math! Such a great idea! Loved it keep writing!

wilderose121 said...
great! i like it a lot.

DreamWriter15 said...
Nov. 1, 2011 at 10:47 am:
I love it!  It made me laugh. 

meowers5 said...
OMG!!! very sweet and twisty!! :)

she-is-a-strange-duck said...
 Aww... so cute! wish this would happen to me, I sit by a super cute guy in math class ;)

mightierthanthesword replied...
Oct. 22, 2011 at 9:00 pm :
Such a charming story. I love the way you put a clever twist on a classic type of romantic narrative. Keep writing! Great job!

Kat4ever333 said...
OMG THIS IS SOOOOOOO CUTE!

ninjamuffin said...
Very cute and funny. I loved it!

Bookworm1998 said...
wow! coincedentally, my favourite part of math are fractions, and i just adore writing, so i love this! :)

claudiathewho This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was very cute, and the way you infused your writing with math was very refreshing and interesting. It reminded me vaguely of a book called Teach Me, by R.A. Nelson. It's actually my favorite novel. The protagonist loves science, so a lot of the writing uses little scientific references, kind of like you did with math. Excellent job :)

NKsunshine said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm:
Hands down, the BEST story I have ever read :D

billgamesh11 said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 6:50 pm:
This story is AMAZING!!! I wish I could write as good as you! That was one of the best stories I have ever read! Thank you for writing this! It made my day! :):)

SmileyFace13 said...
haha this it like sooo many girls. every time i am around a guy i like a lot i try to act normal but i am really thinking about every move he is making. soooo cute:) 

billgamesh11 replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 6:48 pm :
That is exactly what I do!!!

doyoulove This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 12:09 pm:
this is so cute! i'm a bit of a math nerd myself, so it made me smile. :)