Flirting With Fractions This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

One-eighth of me, or maybe a tenth, is acutely aware of the approximately 22 inches that separate your shoulder and mine. One casual shift later, I'm four inches closer. I can always just blame it on your magnetic force pulling me in.

One or two-fifths of me is analyzing your body language subtly. Have you inched closer to me, or is it just wishful thinking? I'm simply an academically inclined girl, dull next to your golden shine. The odds are not in my favor.

At least one-fourth of me is wishing something would happen already. There's a fair probability that all this waiting will amount to nothing. Is this all just a waste of time? I hesitate to hypothesize.

A good third of me is now close to hyperventilating. Your arm is brushing mine. Either you moved closer or I did, subconsciously. It could be both.

One-half to three-fourths of me is now debating what to do next. My options are laid out, and for once I have no clue. Why don't they teach us this in school, rather than theorems and formulas and all those facts that I so studiously memorize? There is no logical decision. Logic has gone out the window. What a scary world this is.

It turns out I don't have to decide because suddenly you reach for my hand. Or maybe I reach for yours. The details are unclear at this point.

But 100 percent of me likes it.

LillyZ83This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:00 am:
I LOVED IT!!!

Darras said...
Jun. 5, 2013 at 1:12 pm:
wow this is amazing

ItsMyLifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18, 2013 at 7:37 pm:
I like it! School-oriented girl unsure about what to do next to a guy.... story of my life!

pulledheartstring said...
Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:55 am:
I never knew it would be cute to be rational like this. Nice.

sweetpea1308 said...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:43 pm:
Hi there, I just read your story (Flirting with Fractions) and it was really good. You kept me thinking about what was going on and put an inamge in my head that everyone can relate to.Your story was fun, flirty, and relatable.

. said...
Sept. 10, 2012 at 10:49 am:
Love it!!!  That was awesome!

ginger101 said...
I absolutely love this!  You are an awesome writer and I want to read more of your work

Aduke9This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:25 pm:
I LOVE IT!!!

ashley112027 said...
Jun. 6, 2012 at 2:49 pm:
Loved it!!! I'm a math geek so it was funny yet cute at the same time!!! :)

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 15, 2012 at 8:28 pm:
Great job with the smart title! ;) Very genius of you!!! Overall it was really good, and although i want to read longer versions of your writing this was short and sweet.

SilverSunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:46 am:
Awesome!!! I LOVE the whole fraction thing. This is reallllyyyy good. My favorite line is the very last one with the "100% of me likes it." awesome possum!!

TaurusGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:28 am:
Very creative.

Dirty-Hobolo33 said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 9:10 am:
Very cool. Ilove it.

otherpoet said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:47 pm:
Your character has a really strong, relatable voice. This shows a lot of talent, you should be proud!

Oh_coconutsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 13, 2012 at 8:31 pm:

well isn't this lovely :)

I adore it!

Winters_WillowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 13, 2012 at 4:59 am:
Nice, I like how you incorporated math into your story. It made it different from usual romance stories. Keep it up! :)

Sarah123456 said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:24 pm:
Looove it, love it, LOVE IT, lOvE iT!

KandiceMichelle said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 7:39 am:
That is really good :) keep writing!!

ElmoIsMyHero said...
Aww.........

zeedancer replied...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:29 pm :
Thats so cute!!