Michael and Me (chapter 9) | Teen Ink

Michael and Me (chapter 9)

May 19, 2010
By ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut
ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut
14 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do what makes you happy
Be with who makes you smile
Laugh as much as you breathe
Love as long as you live


~Author Unknown~


I made a new album called “Sin and Its Destiny.” It took me 6 months to create with all of the editing on my songs and the amount of songs that I put onto the album. Alex was my background singer in a few of the songs. I was so excited to finally launch my singing career.

Alex came home one night and said that he needed to talk to me. I was scared out of my mind and I automatically thought the worst. I thought that he didn’t want me. Thank god I was wrong. “Ashley, I love you so much. Marrying you was the best decision I ever made. You are doing wonderfully on your album and you have an amazing voice. I knew you could do it,” he said. He was silent for a few moments. “I have something that I have wanted to ask you but I have not had the guts or the chance with all of the running around that we have been doing. Would it be wrong if I wanted to have kids with you even though we are busy all of the time? I would be the best father in the world and I would give all of my attention to you and the kids. What I’m trying to say is can we have a few kids?” he asked. “Yes I thought that you didn’t want kids though so I didn’t even bother saying anything. I thought that you were too busy to even think about any of this stuff. I would love to have kids with you. I would absolutely love to!” I said excitedly. We were going to start trying to have kids. I had wanted kids since we had gotten married. It hadn’t been that long, but I still couldn’t wait until I got pregnant with our first child.

Our decision about trying to have children was all over the news and on TV. Everyone was excited that Ashley and Alex Vailor would be having children who would more than likely be following their parent’s footsteps. Girls went wild with the idea that it might be a baby boy who could be a rock star just like his beloved father. We hadn’t decided on names if we did end up having a few children but we would decide when the time came. It was no big deal and nothing to worry about at that moment. I wasn’t even pregnant yet for Pete’s sake!




TBC (To Be Continued). . .


The author's comments:
Here is the real turning point in Alex and Ashley's lives.