chapter four: again? | Teen Ink

chapter four: again?

May 24, 2010
By weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California
55 articles 3 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."


A glimmer of hope hits me and I feel the need to believe him again. I feel the need to trust and just accept him. For a split second I feel like everything can be behind us, but I didn’t want that. I didn’t want that from him.

I shake my head and pull away again. I’m tired of the lies. “It wasn’t me, I swear!” he calls as I bolt out of the shop. I hated him more than anything. But what I hated more was how easily I could believe him. It was so easy for him to pull me back in and just how could I believe it?

In about five minutes, Jeremy, ReAnne, and Lexi strike me. My phone’s ringing like every two seconds and for once I hated call waiting. They all kept asking me questions and most of them I couldn't answer.

"Do you trust him?" Jeremy had asked.

I shook my head, slowly, then realizing he couldn't see me I responded. "No." I whispered.

He let out a relieved sigh. "Neither do I."

"What do I do, Jeremy?"

"I don't know, Sophie. Do you want to believe him? Because if you do, I can't fault you. If you do then we'll all have your back. You know that."

"I do."

"But do you believe him?"

I didn't answer at first. "I don't want to."

"But you do. I know you do. You still love him. You always have."

"I just wish he never came back, Jeremy."

"I know that too. You love him. He still loves you or at least it seems like it." Jeremy explained, "Go ahead, Sophie. We're here for you."

"I don't want to." I repeated.

"At least find out the truth."

"Okay, Jeremy."

"Bye then and don't stress too much."

"Okay, bye."

I shut off my phone on the next ring and shoved it into my bag. They believe in me. I'll make the right choice because they believe in me. But I don't believe in him. I need to know, Aoran. Please, tell me.

I looked around. I was at the park again. I always came here, whether it be intentional or unintentional. I was always here. It was where I first met him and where I met him again. I settled under a tree. This time I begged I would not meet him again.


The author's comments:
continuation:) i know i didn't post a title and thats b/c i don't have one until i finish it:)