chapter four: again?

A glimmer of hope hits me and I feel the need to believe him again. I feel the need to trust and just accept him. For a split second I feel like everything can be behind us, but I didn’t want that. I didn’t want that from him.

I shake my head and pull away again. I’m tired of the lies. “It wasn’t me, I swear!” he calls as I bolt out of the shop. I hated him more than anything. But what I hated more was how easily I could believe him. It was so easy for him to pull me back in and just how could I believe it?

In about five minutes, Jeremy, ReAnne, and Lexi strike me. My phone’s ringing like every two seconds and for once I hated call waiting. They all kept asking me questions and most of them I couldn't answer.

"Do you trust him?" Jeremy had asked.

I shook my head, slowly, then realizing he couldn't see me I responded. "No." I whispered.

He let out a relieved sigh. "Neither do I."

"What do I do, Jeremy?"

"I don't know, Sophie. Do you want to believe him? Because if you do, I can't fault you. If you do then we'll all have your back. You know that."

"I do."

"But do you believe him?"

I didn't answer at first. "I don't want to."

"But you do. I know you do. You still love him. You always have."

"I just wish he never came back, Jeremy."

"I know that too. You love him. He still loves you or at least it seems like it." Jeremy explained, "Go ahead, Sophie. We're here for you."

"I don't want to." I repeated.

"At least find out the truth."

"Okay, Jeremy."

"Bye then and don't stress too much."

"Okay, bye."

I shut off my phone on the next ring and shoved it into my bag. They believe in me. I'll make the right choice because they believe in me. But I don't believe in him. I need to know, Aoran. Please, tell me.

I looked around. I was at the park again. I always came here, whether it be intentional or unintentional. I was always here. It was where I first met him and where I met him again. I settled under a tree. This time I begged I would not meet him again.

Kelz1141 said...
The transition from your last chapter to this one is a bit confusing.

wonderlandhaley replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 9:26 am
i don't think so.

Imperfectlife replied...
Same here. I understood.