chapter one: the night he returned

The deep purple skies showed an absolute beauty. The greenery of the trees was unknown. You could only see the silhouette of every thing around you. But what some people call darkness is what I call beauty. Because night included a purple sky not a black one even on the night of a new moon.

So as I sat there on the tiny swing, soaking in the evening beauty. I noticed not the figure coming toward me but the trees, the black moon, and the purple sky.

"Sophie," the figure said.

The voice was one I didn't want to hear. I didn't look. I didn't want to listen, but I heard every word. He took a step forward and stood beneath the street light. He was a tall, skinny, light brown haired guy. He was Aoran Martinez aka ex-boyfriend that broke up with a text message.

I didn't see his face then and I don't want to see it now. I never wanted to see it again.

"Go away." I whispered.

"No," he replied.

"You left then, you can leave now."

"I'm not leaving."

"Why?" I asked harshly. "Something holding you down?"

"Yeah," he answered. I got up. I didn't want to hear it anymore. "You."

"That's not the right answer. The right answer would be that whatever we had is gone. Whatever mattered doesn't matter anymore. The right answer would be that we should leave right now. Good-Bye." I stomped away, but stomping did not compete with running. He caught me within the next ten steps. "Let go." I complained.

Again he disagreed.

"Stop it! Let go! Let ME go! You did it before so do it again. I got hurt last time! Don't do that to me! Just don't okay? Let go!" I yelled. But I couldn't escape fast enough. The tears fell too fast for my fingers to wipe away. I was immobilized and I stood crying as he held me down. It felt like he was pushing me downwards and I was going to fall. I knew I was going to fall because he let me drop before.

But he continued holding me. He had his arms around me. He let my tears fall on his shoulder. He let me lean on him. But it still hurt. The warmth was familiar, but so was the pain. When the worse of my sobs subsided I pulled myself free. As I did my head shook side to side. It said no. It said never again.

Slowly, I made my way out of the scene. He didn't stop me. He just watched my fading figure and I never turned back to look at his.

RockGirl182 said...
Really well written, I'm not into love stories that much but yours was good. Keep it up ! :)

deathbycrayons said...
I wish you would've written more to this. It ended to fast but it was really good!!!

writerinfinity said...
Pretty good job, it was very dramatic!

Trulie said...
I loved it! Keep writing and can't wait for the next chapter!

doubleblacklover said...
a little too dramatic but overall good!

Haleyelizabeth replied...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 6:35 pm :
what are you talking about? I love dramaticccc.

skisoul96 replied...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 6:49 pm :
dramatic is good but its not real, like does that happen every other day? when a reader reads something too melodramatic then they just think "this only happens in books" and they can't connect to it. but when a reader is reading s/t they go through or can picture themselves go through they have a more smooth and enjoyable read.

Haleyelizabeth replied...
Jan. 2, 2011 at 3:05 pm :

exactly, but this could actually happen in real life. Do you not realize that?

Something this dramatic could easily happen, it depends on the person.

writergirl13 said...
I thought it went by a bit fast and things happened somewhat abruptly. However, I was still impressed with your story. The setting was beautifully described, as was the situation. Keep writing! Also, please take a look at some of my stories and comment! :)

ilovepolkadots said...

I loved this!

Hey, guys please read this story and give some feedback "blah. blah.blah"

TristeLuvz2Write said...
Nov. 6, 2010 at 8:20 am:
oh wow! i loved this. I felt the pain for sophie but i also felt sadness for the guy in the picture! i cant wait to know whats nect!

Mariah_0.0 said...
this is an amazing story! good work! :)

theMadster said...
Breathtaking. Simply Breathtaking. I instanly felt sad for sophie, wanted to know more about "the figure" and could relate. its a little shaky in the beginning but deffanetly holds a lot of potential

maria estrella said...
wow thats so sweet..

CuteAsIce said...
Sept. 23, 2010 at 9:33 am:

Very descriptive. I love the way you wrote the article, it sucks in the attention and emotions of the reader. :) fabulous

awriterslife said...
ah-my-gawd! ah-mazing work, i cant even describe it, you had me picturing it the entire time like i was there! great vocab, imagery and everything else! keep writing :) check out my work when you get a chance!

Aarika replied...
Sept. 23, 2010 at 4:39 pm :
I agree. I felt like I was right there with y'all.

Lovely_Lauren said...
Aug. 22, 2010 at 2:21 am:
This is amazing. I can totally relate. I felt so sorry for the girl being hurt like that... I didn't wanna stop reading it!! Do you have more on the way???

leneypanini replied...
Aug. 22, 2010 at 1:25 pm :
lol more is already out:) haha

hair-story replied...
Nov. 6, 2010 at 8:00 am :
could you post links to the rest of the series plzplzplzzzz