chapter one: the night he returned

The deep purple skies showed an absolute beauty. The greenery of the trees was unknown. You could only see the silhouette of every thing around you. But what some people call darkness is what I call beauty. Because night included a purple sky not a black one even on the night of a new moon.

So as I sat there on the tiny swing, soaking in the evening beauty. I noticed not the figure coming toward me but the trees, the black moon, and the purple sky.

"Sophie," the figure said.

The voice was one I didn't want to hear. I didn't look. I didn't want to listen, but I heard every word. He took a step forward and stood beneath the street light. He was a tall, skinny, light brown haired guy. He was Aoran Martinez aka ex-boyfriend that broke up with a text message.

I didn't see his face then and I don't want to see it now. I never wanted to see it again.

"Go away." I whispered.

"No," he replied.

"You left then, you can leave now."

"I'm not leaving."

"Why?" I asked harshly. "Something holding you down?"

"Yeah," he answered. I got up. I didn't want to hear it anymore. "You."

"That's not the right answer. The right answer would be that whatever we had is gone. Whatever mattered doesn't matter anymore. The right answer would be that we should leave right now. Good-Bye." I stomped away, but stomping did not compete with running. He caught me within the next ten steps. "Let go." I complained.

Again he disagreed.

"Stop it! Let go! Let ME go! You did it before so do it again. I got hurt last time! Don't do that to me! Just don't okay? Let go!" I yelled. But I couldn't escape fast enough. The tears fell too fast for my fingers to wipe away. I was immobilized and I stood crying as he held me down. It felt like he was pushing me downwards and I was going to fall. I knew I was going to fall because he let me drop before.

But he continued holding me. He had his arms around me. He let my tears fall on his shoulder. He let me lean on him. But it still hurt. The warmth was familiar, but so was the pain. When the worse of my sobs subsided I pulled myself free. As I did my head shook side to side. It said no. It said never again.

Slowly, I made my way out of the scene. He didn't stop me. He just watched my fading figure and I never turned back to look at his.

Shminkanator5000 said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 7:54 pm:
It was really interesting for me to read because in these pieces I always expect the narrator to fall back into the arms of the antagonist, but not in this one! The vocabulary was superb, and really let us see a bit of something new. Nice work! Check out some of mine? Thanks a ton!

leneypanini said...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 9:03 pm:
everyone is asking for the next chapters, and THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! just scroll up and look for the more by this author button, and have fun looking through all the pieces i have written! hope you like them<3 luvya!

Olivia J. said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:51 pm:
Whoa, that was really good, I really liked it, I feel like I want to read the whole story ;) cuz I know there is probably more to it. Very deep, I find beauty in the night :)

Jenns_Ink said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm:
PROPs you amazing. I like it. No, I love it.

VATSVDThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:58 am:
Amazing!! I LOVE it!! But where can i find the next one?! I'm really interested in what will happen next!

RandyA. said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:20 am:
Love it...  good

mrs.lautner said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:06 am:
Next chapter please!That was sooo deep and meaningful! You are a great writer, and you should def. continue sharing your work.

Nooneimportant2u said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 6:54 am:
I think this is very unique, a little sad but it shows me how difficult it can be to forgive and forget....LOVE IT THOUGH :)

beautyispower said...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 7:19 pm:
Amazing. cant wait to read the nxt chapter. actually im going right now. check out my work.ps i need help

Lletya said...
AW.... That's so sad that she just left!  =( I love the detail and the way you wrote it though! If this is chapter one, I want to read chapter two!

leneypanini replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 8:35 pm :
lol ! you can:) you can read chapter two.... AND chapter 3-6 :) !!!! ahaha, don't forget to comment and thanks ! :)

lizababe replied...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:42 am :

where can i find chapters 3-6. btw u did an awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine04 said...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 4:43 am:
actually that story really convinced me and i am really jealous  and  Haleyelizabeth - i totally agree with her 

live_love_laugh said...
in this i felt the way u the charcter did and it just made me feel like i was there. i loved it

LeslieAnn said...
Jan. 11, 2011 at 7:57 am:
I thought that the dialouge in this piece was unrealistic. Also, I would have liked if you'd used different adjectives when describing things instead of recycling the same ones throughout the story.  If you are trying to set a mood try using words that make you feel a certain way. Things like "he was a brown haired guy" pull you right out of the story and you feel exactly like some teenager is just making it all up. However, its a good start and you should keep writing and improving upon wh... (more »)

hungergames_love replied...
May 1, 2011 at 4:59 pm :
I agree. It sounded a little choppy sometimes, too.

SWKit_kat replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 8:50 am :
Hi there I liked your chapter, it's obviously something people can relate to and I liked how you described things but I agree with Leslieann. Also instead of showed it should be shown. Sorry stickler for grammar and spelling, I would revise for spelling and punctuation, but some of the description wasn't as up to par like everything else. I do love how you have started and I will continue reading ;)

Haleyelizabeth said...

Ahhh. Oh My goshh. This was amazing. Loved itttt. Please continue onto this -- i'm going to be hanging, trying to think of what you'll come up with next. I wishhh this was mine. I'm SO jealous of you! 

You should think about going to the Teenink NYC Summer Program. I'm not going. I'm not very good i writing, i just love it. 

This has made my day. Thank You!(:

leneypanini replied...
Dec. 20, 2010 at 9:18 pm :
aww:) thankyoou! you actually made me happy cry<3 ahaha, and this is actually continued to chapter six:) i hope you've seen it ! THANKYOU SO MUCH

writer500 said...
This is good I liked it! Check out some of my begining works-writer 500