just one day

August 25th was our big day. but August 24th came first and took it away

we met at the ocean. i was walking down the beach just thinking, and i wasn't paying the least bit of attention to where i was going and i ended up walking right in to him. he was my age with brown hair that hung in his eyes, deep blue eyes that could melt a girls heart. i was trying to think of something to say when he said
"are you okay?" i was thinking he's asking me if i'm okay, when i ran into him?
"yeah, sorry. i was in never never land. are you okay i ran smack into you?"
"yeah. i'm okay. you where doing some heaving thinking there"
"yeah. just family drama" and a whole lot more i was thinking to myself.
"wanna talk about it?. i'm a pretty good listener"
this boy that i've never seen before wants me to vent to him?
"i don't even know your name" i say to him.
"oh. sorry. it's Alex.and your name?"
"Ellie" i told him. and was wondering why this boy wants to know some much about me?.
"well. would you like to use me to vent to?. miss Ellie?."
"i just met you!. i don't want to vent my life problems to you"
i say to him.
"then how about a date?"
i'm thinking did this boy just ask me out?.
"okay" i say to him.
"i'll pick you up tonight at eight. meet me here"
"okay" i tell him. we said are farewells and then i went home to get ready.

our first date was at the pier. i know it doesn't sound all that fun. but we went crap fishing and just looked at the stars till midnight. when we went to leave he kissed me. and it was the best kiss i ever had. and we've been together ever since.

we spend all our time together. on the beach, at my house , at his house, just talking, and kissing, and getting to know each other. i met his parents. there nice and they have me over for dinner once a week. he met my mom. and my mom fell in love with him time she met him. we just spend our time trying to get to know one another better.

"Ellie. this has been the best summer of my life"
he said to me one night.
"mine too. Alex. i never knew a summer could be like this"
i tell him and i mean it this summer has been the best one of my life. i don't want it to end.
"Ellie. I.Love You" he told me
"oh. Alex. I.Love You too"
and then we kissed.

we spent every minute of out time together. not wanting the summer to end.

it was august first. he asked me to merry him we was 18 but i didn't care i told him yes. and then we told our parents they was happy for us as happy as i was. so we started planing out wedding for the summer.

it was march. i had just picked out my wedding dress it was strapless with a long train. it was the dress of my dreams.

we bought our first house in june. i had every thing i ever wanted. the perfect guy,getting married, a home. my life could not be better.

our wedding was set for august 25th.

august 24th was the worst day of my life.

me and Alex was going home form rehearsal. we were 4 blocks from home. when the car come out of nowhere. hit us head on i remember looking over and seeing Alex just sitting there his eyes distant not seeing nothing. i remember reaching over and taking his hand and holding on while blackness took over my vision,

P@in545 said...
Omg thats sad .Awsome writing, great use of dialouge, suppence,and what a twist but kinda sad. I love it.

TheSummoningFreak replied...
thank you so much

Anonymous said...

Great story...maybe just remember to stay valid.

It says he'll pick her up, but then he tells her to meet him there.

Doing both isn't possible. Otherwise, the plot was really good, and I loved the dialogue.

TheSummoningFreak said...
thank you...

My.Heart.Is.Yours said...
oh,Wow!Dangg!ilove itt(:

feartheuntypical said...
Wow! So sad!!!

sparkofheart said...
OMG NO!!! that was so sad holy crapp...nooooo :'( great job writing and everything but...wow..

TheSummoningFreak replied...
thanks, and sorry it was so sad

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
That was so great and romantic( i wish real life could be like that) but why did you have to make it end sooooo sadly! awww... so sad... I loved! You should write more!

TheSummoningFreak replied...
thank you but where my bigger talent is. is in poetry, my poems will be on here some time.

SOunds great! I can't wait! I have a bunch of poems I will be sumbitting too! I'm not really sure where my writing talent lies so for now I practice writing poems, stories and essays! i think it's good to have a variety plus it opens up your audience and fans to a wider rang too! That's just my opinion though!

TheSummoningFreak replied...
yeah to me i'm better at writing poems then storys to me my short storys aren't that good, email me

ok... you must be amazing at writing poems then because I think your stories are very entertaing and beautiful!