The Love That Left Me For Dead

I can honestly say I really love you. There are and will never be lies in those words. There was and is absolutely nothing nothing that will ever compare to the feeling I got when I was with you,but something went wrong. Something always went wrong. I'm no longer the reason for the spark in your eyes. I'm no longer for the reason why your heart is beating out of it's chest. I'm no longer the reason for the fire in your heart. I wish that I was. The hugs,kisses,heartbeats,I love you's is what I can no longer have, and those are the things I long for the most. The smallest things remind of you. If I could I would hide my heart away as far as possible but it would still be yours. I wish I could burn it all. Burn the memories I have of you. Someone could take them and throw them in the ocean and I'd be happy because I'm free of you. I'm free of the pain. I'm tired of fighting this broken fate day after day. I can't find anymore more reasons that would make you stay. Why'd you have to leave? Didn't you know it would kill me ? I guess not. Time became our monster,because there wasn't enough of it. I keep going back to that day in April. I should have just said to myself "see that line don't cross it". The second I said yes is the very moment I wish I could take back. I fell in love with thought of being yours. Now my heart is in the saddest state its ever been in, and you won't come back and fix it.
Now you've practically moved on. It all happened so fast. The saddest part is she doesn't mean a thing to you. You know its all a lie. The sight of you too makes me sick inside. I hope you come to see that maybe I was the one for you. I never wanna see your face. I want you out of this place. I want to damn you and curse you but I can't. I just can't. And somehow you become more and more seemingly beautiful as the days pass. I can see in your blank stare the truth. Its written all over your face. I hate that I was the only one who had the common sense and the confidence not to break my promises. You break my heart everyday but then again you break everyone's heart. You couldn't look anymore alive. I couldn't look anymore dead. Well I am dead. I hope that you got everything you wanted because I'm sure I didn't get everything I wanted. I got stuck with the love that left me for dead.

DiscreteEnvy said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 7:51 pm:
wow christine this is so deep but i feel this. you have a talent and this touched me more than you know. i felt and still feel this way. wow. im speechless just blown away of how well you capture your feelings and turn them into words..

chriseliza replied...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 8:00 pm :
thanks. wasn't easy writing this though. but who's this though ? lol 

GangstaEyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 5:21 pm:
Really good. I loved it so much because it is powerful and 100% relatable. I felt like you were reading my thoughts and writing them better than I could have hoped...Check out my poem Nof For Me or Valentines Day? I'd appreciate it a ton!! Keep up the GREAT writing!!

chriseliza said...
May 25, 2010 at 5:54 pm:
thank you . 

Ally25 said...
May 25, 2010 at 4:32 pm:

OHH MY GOD...that was reaally good.

unwrittenlove said...
May 23, 2010 at 8:55 pm:
I loved this. not just because it was sooo good;  but because i could totally relate to it. The same thing happened to me. You're a great writer. keep it up! :)

chriseliza replied...
May 24, 2010 at 7:11 pm :
thanks :] 

sparkofheart said...
May 22, 2010 at 1:02 pm:
oh :( thats really sad but i loved it all the same. you have skillz :P great job

chriseliza replied...
May 22, 2010 at 3:27 pm :
thanks so muchhh :]