let yourself fall

me and Ivy was at the pool. just laying out and talking about school. Ivy is a sweet girl who had a really bad childhood she's adopted. her mom gave her up when she was a baby she doesn't know who her real mom is. she says she doesn't want to meet her she says that anyone who can give up her child isn't someone she wants to know. she loves her parents she says there her only parents. so we're sitting at the pool and all of a sudden i get soaked cos' some dumb*** just jumped in the pool. right where i'm sitting
"What the hell!" i yell. then the person who jumped in come's up for air and looks at me. like he didn't so nothing at all.
"What?" he says. and i let he have it.
"what?. are you kidding me?. you just jumped in the damn pool right beside me and got me soaked. are you freaking insane?. huh...huh?. well it looks to me like you are!"
he's just looking like i'm crazy. then he says
"but your at the pool. your here to get wet. and swim. right?"
who the hell does this guy think he is ?.
"not every one likes to get wet. buddy" i say to him he just makes me want to yell. and i'm not a yelling person.
"well. sorry missy" i'm thinking did he just call me missy?.
"ummm... did you really just call me missy?"
"Starr. come on he's not worth your time hon" Ivy says to me. i just nod and me and her start picking up out stuff to leave. when we got it all up and about to leave the guy that jumped in the pool comes over and says "hey i'm sorry i really didn't mean to piss you off" he just says it like he means it and some of my anger drains away so i say "yeah. i'm sorry for blowing up on ya. i had a bad week and i wanted to take some steam off i guess your got the most of it" and he smile's at me. it's a cute, sexy smile that makes my heart do something strange. "don't worry bout it. so you come here every day?" dis he just ask me if i come here every day?. "most days" i say then i ask "so. whats ya name?" i'm feeling kinda wild right now. "Kyle. and your?" Kyle i like his name.
"Starr." i tell him and he cocks his head to the side and says "Starr. that's pretty." and i just say
"thanks" then we say bye and he goes back to the pool to swim.
"Starr. you cuss the guy out. then make googly eyes with him. what's up with you lately?"
and she's right what is up with me lately?. i'm still thinking about how he said my name was pretty. and i know i'm gonna be at the pool every day for the rest of summer.
"Ivy. i don't know. but we're gonna be here every day for the rest of summer" i tell her
"ohh. Starr has a boy crush." she sings. and i sock her in the arm. but she's right i do like Kyle.

it's been 3 weeks. and me and Ivy has been to the pool every day. i see Kyle most days some days he's gone but today he's here and Ivy couldn't come today, so it's just me and him
"so.you and Ivy are really close huh?" Kyle asks me we're sitting by the pool today. and just talking and sipping come cokes.
"yeah. we've been friend's since we were eight. she's a good friend" i tell him
"yeah, i can tell how close ya'll are."
"yeah,so you got any close friends?"
"Nope. nobody likes me enough to get to know me" he has no close friends i'm just sitting here thinking about that. i must a a weird face on cause he says
"Hey. i don't need any friends. besides. i'm getting to know you" i'm just thinking.WOW can this really be?. cause guys don't like me. they always go for the little skinny s**ts"
:"so. your saying you don't need any friend's. cause you know me?"
"that's what i'm saying"
and i'm thinking can this be true?. there's no way a guy likes me for who i really am. hell this is the guy i cussed out the first time we met.
"so. even tho i cussed you the first time we met. you like me?'
and he just looks at me like i'm not getting it.
"Starr. how can anyone not like you?"
"easy" i whisper. and look the other way.
"hey. Starr. look at me"
i'm can't look at him right know. but he takes his hand. and pulls my face to look at him.
"Starr. i jumped in the pool that day so you would notice me"
he says and i can't help but laugh. and he's smiles that cute,sexy smile at me
"you jumped in the pool. to get me to notice you?" i ask.
"yes. cause when i first saw you i had to get and know you. but i didn't know how to just come up to you and talk to you. so i jumped in the pool where you were" i can't help but smile. he took me cussing him out to get and know him.
"well. i think it worked" i tell him
" i think it worked too" he says then pull's me to him and kiss's me on the lips at the place where we first met.
when we come up for air i say.
"Kyle"
and he just looks at me and then he says.
"Starr. I love you"
"Kyle. I love you too"
and then we kiss for the rest of the day. and i can't help but thinking life can be good to you sometimes.
cause me and Kyle. i feel like this is the start of something real.
you can never know for sure if something will last.but sometimes you have you give yourself away to find out. you may fall, you may rise. but you gotta give yourself to love to know,

My.Heart.Is.Yours said...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 11:52 am
This was  great! Accept they LOVED eachother wayy toooo fast,like over the summer(: But whatevr i think it was romanticly great!Ahhhh i love your workk(:

TheSummoningFreak replied...
thank you. and really they had something before they knew what it was they fall in love when they first saw each other. i always wanted that to fall in love with someone before you knew what was happening,

roknroll said...
The thing i don't like is she has serious anger problems

TheSummoningFreak replied...

she was a angry person cause she needed love!

sorry you didn't like it

roknroll replied...
I liked it...... she just seemed to have serious anger problems

TheSummoningFreak replied...
well i wanted to amke her a girl who doesn't need anybody and can take care of herself tough. but really on the inside she's hurting and all she needed was someone to love her.

roknroll replied...

I understand thanks for taking the time to explain :)

TheSummoningFreak replied...
no problem. i want people to understand the way i wrote her to be. a girl with a need for love but was scared to take the chance till she met the right guy.

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow this is great!!!!

TheSummoningFreak replied...
thanks......

Egyptiangirl13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
totally!!! this is so amazing!!!

TheSummoningFreak replied...
well thank you i'm gonna have a bunch of poems posted on here i'm just waiting for them to get posted it should be 2 or 3 days when they do please read them and tell me what ya think

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'll read them! Great job! I loved this story! you are a great writer. Keep writing love stories, they are very inspiring.

TheSummoningFreak replied...
thank you so much i will start working on a new short story tomorrow and will post it when i'm done

You totally should! Great job... oh yeah and happy memorial day! Do you have the day off? I do!!!