Michael and Me ( Chapter 5) | Teen Ink

Michael and Me ( Chapter 5)

By ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut
ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut

Do what makes you happy
Be with who makes you smile
Laugh as much as you breathe
Love as long as you live

~Author Unknown~

Chapter 5

On my way home, I couldn’t stop thinking about Michael and me possibly going out. Would that topic ever come up again between us at a really awkward time and would I be prepared to answer him? I really hoped so. I was really nervous and I didn’t know if I was ready to talk about it at all.

When I got home I called Michael and we talked for hours on end. I was about to say goodbye when he asked me a very important question. “So Ashley, I was wondering something. Now before you answer me just think about it. Would you like to be my girlfriend? I really like you and I have wanted to ask you out since the day that I met you. You are an amazing person and I don’t know what I would do without you in my life,” he said. I was so shocked and excited at the same time that I was silent for the next few minutes. “Ashley, are you still there?” he asked. “Yeah I’m still here. Sorry. I didn’t mean to just stop talking like that, and Yes. I would love to go out with you. I thought that you would never ask me. I feel like a dummy. I bet that sounds really cheesy,” I said laughing. “No, it didn’t. I can hear it in your voice. You really mean what you say. I admire that. You’re honest with me. Well I have to go to bed. I will talk to you tomorrow. Bye my angel,” he said. “Bye Michael,” I squeaked out.

That night I had dreams about Michael all night. I kept having dreams about him for the next month. Everyone in school would stare at us as we walked through the hallways. When we kissed girls would be so upset and jealous that they would have to stop watching and leave the area. I laughed and Michael did too. He would rub it in my face how lucky I was to be the only girl that he was interested in. But he didn’t have to tell me. I already knew. He was the best thing that had happened to me since I had moved there and he was making my life all worth while. We did everything together. We usually just did homework and then went on a drive. It wasn’t the most fun thing that we could have been doing but we had fun just spending time together.
TBC (To Be Continued) . . .

This is the end of the normal life for Ashley. If you want to find out what changes her life even more than she ever thought Michael could have, Check out Chapter 7!