Love Hesitates | Teen Ink

Love Hesitates

May 11, 2010
By CaityBug SILVER, Mechanic Falls, Maine
CaityBug SILVER, Mechanic Falls, Maine
8 articles 3 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm cracking skulls!" -Vernon (The Breakfast Club)


Sometimes, love hesitates. It's the sad truth. It could go something like this...



A teenage boy sees a pretty teenage girl in the mall someday, but it's not like just any other pretty girl he's seen before. He feels a connection, like a “Wow-I-have-to-meet-her-because-if-I-don't-I'll-be-sorry” kind of connection, but he has nerves. And before he knows it, she's walking out the doors with her friends; the love of his life slipping away without even knowing he existed, all because he was nervous. He hesitated.

Or it could go like this...



A girl is crying into a pillow in her bedroom. Her and her boyfriend got into a fight that day, not just a small fight, but a massive one. It seemed like only a matter of time to her until they would break up. Her boyfriend was pacing in his bedroom. He felt awful. He really knew, deep inside, that he wanted to reach for the phone, call her up, apologize. He reached for the phone, thought for a moment, then put it back. Later that week, thinking he would break up with her, she broke up with him. He was too late. Two true loves split up because they hesitated. They hesitated, and he was too late.


Never let love hesitate. Go with your gut. You never know who you might lose if you don't.


The author's comments:
This was inspired by a writing prompt from my class! Hope you like it!