Tide beach (part 2) | Teen Ink

Tide beach (part 2)

By sammie1997 GOLD, Winslow, Maine
sammie1997 GOLD, Winslow, Maine

never say goodbye
because goodbye means leaving
and leaving means forgetting
-petter pan

It was a stormy night the next day... Steven came over and we watched movies in my room all day! We watched Titanic, Dear John, and another one I can’t remember what it was called... Something about a boy in World war 2. We sat on my bed me resting in his arms which were around me snugly. At one point he had his hand on my belly and traced with his finger, lightly the words, I love you. I turned around and kissed him and said “I love you too!” I could tell he wasn’t expecting me to be paying attention. But I did.

We went out for lunch at this fancy beach house. He ordered the King and Queen special. That was 2 lobsters 20 shrimp and some fries along with a few (virgin) drinks. We talked about being back at home. We were at our favorite beach house for 1 month or 2. Then we would be back in South Dakota. We had only been dating a year. Actually it was our year anniversary in two days! I hope he remembered.

“I don’t want to leave here in a few weeks” I said

“Neither do I” he replied with a dejected tone. He was looking around. I could tell something was on his mind. He started fidgeting with his silvery ware.

“Is something wrong?” I asked worriedly.

... It took him a minute to reply and he said “umm...well...no...” and then I could tell something was bugging him. I didn’t know if I should press the subject or not. I decided I should.

“Are you sure...honey your acting a little different.”

“Nah, I’m fine... Just I’m really going to miss this place.” He said...even though we were leaving in two weeks or so I do the same thing. I didn’t want to press the subject any further.

Our food came and we ate in quiet and I thought of my favorite line for my favorite poem “remember what peace there may be in silence.” So I didn’t complain. We must have been there an hour eating and waiting and then to top it off he took me to my favorite ice cream place in the world “The dairy joint” and we got ice cream with chocolate and carmel on top! Our favorites!

“My ice cream is sooo sweet” I said because it is. I don’t ever know how to explain it but it is the sweetest thing I have ever eaten.

“Just like you!” He said with a smile upon his lips.

I just stood and looked at him... A smile and then kiss. He was looking in my eyes a deep thought was crossing his mind. I was a little worried but I figured it would be fine. But then i saw him squint his eye brows and get the wrinkles on his forehead. I was worried.

He grabbed me by the wrist and said “Come NOW! We need to get home NOW!” he said in a hurry with a worrisome tone.

By then I was worried and I couldn’t speak and tears were running down my face. I wondered what had happened. He wasn’t being himself. He saw me crying and pulled over and whipped the tears from my face with his gentle touch. His hands so sweet. He leaned over to kiss me on the lips and i turned my head so he got my check and said “Why did we leave?”

He thought this over a while and said “Umm... Well... Just go home and pack some of your stuff about 3 days worth and meet me here at midnight and I will tell you.” a long pause is held “Dont worry” he assured me. How could I not worry though.

This is part two because I couldn't just end the first story like that

sammie1997 GOLD, Winslow, Maine

never say goodbye
because goodbye means leaving
and leaving means forgetting
-petter pan

i dont know how else to make it better :/ i am just... i dont know! :P i cant make good stories! check out my poems! :)

Maranda SILVER said...
on May. 19 2010 at 10:22 am
Maranda SILVER, East Haddam, Connecticut

"Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway."

try putting some more feelings into it.... &+ great job!!