Favorite Broken Heart | Teen Ink

Favorite Broken Heart

By h h SILVER, H, Nebraska
h h SILVER, H, Nebraska

(She walks on the stage with her blonde curly hair, and blue eyes. She’s the most beautiful thing you’ve seen. Everyone stops talking as she gets ready to speak.)

Hi, my name is Hannah. I’m not your average 27 year old woman. Let me start off by telling you that I’m an escort. That’s what I do for a living. I guess you could say that that’s what makes me different from every other woman in this room. I do this because it pays well and I don’t mind it much. I do not get involved with clients other than just business. (She pauses recalling a memory.)

One day I wait for a client and soon this guy seats besides me at the bar in the hotel. I ask him which room is he staying in and I tell him I’ll be there in ten minutes. So I get up to his room and we start discussing what he wants me to do and it turns out he wasn’t my client. So I dash back to the bar and soon enough I find the real guy. And of course I could tell. He looked like every other client I had. He looked single, an older male and as if he hadn’t had sex for some time now. I think to myself to bad for me the other guy was cute.

After I leave my clients room and as I’m walking past the bar I bump into the other guy I met earlier. You know the one I thought was my client. So I apologized for the incident that happened and he says he forgives me as long as I give him my number, which I eventually give him. It’s just I haven’t dated since God knows when and I was actually kind of scarred. Next thing you know he calls me the next day and asks me to go out with him, which it takes him some convincing to get me to say yes. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I hadn’t had a date in such a long time or for the simple fact a boyfriend. Much of the reason being was because of my job.

So we go on this date and to tell the truth I enjoyed it much. We continued to see each other regularly on a basis. I didn’t mention the fact that I was an escort. But I didn’t want to bother with it since this relationship might not even get anywhere. Well let me tell you one thing, I was wrong and I should have told him since the beginning. I was falling in love with him and I was struggling with myself and the fact that I was an escort. So I stop escorting.

I start to feel better and I thought that I could move on and put my full effort into this relationship. But now I was jobless and I needed to find one. I didn’t feel like I could do anything since all I knew was escorting. Luckily I found a job as an office assistant. So my boss explains to me that I must copy paper and stack them in a specific order. As soon as he leaves I totally forget what he said and didn’t know at what I was looking at or what to do with it. Fifteen minutes later he comes back and finds papers all over the place, pencils in my hair, the place looked as if a stamped of zebras had gone through. So I had to quite or actually I got fired.

Later I get a phone call from a client and I just had to accept it. I know, how could I go back to being as escort. Well I couldn’t resist it and it was all I knew how to do. So I decided as long as my boyfriend thinks I’m still working as an office assistant then it wouldn’t hurt him much. Things didn’t turn out as I thought they would. I didn’t feel right doing this to him. He didn’t deserve it. So as hard as it was I started to push him away. But he persistently continued to love me.

We actually ended up braking up. This was more painful than what I thought pain could actually hurt. But I couldn’t continue to see him and hurt him as long as I was an escort. I couldn’t easily just stop. It was my life and as long as it was he couldn’t be in it.

So I continue with my lonely life, the life of an escort. One day I get a client that is not of the usual. It was an eighteen year old boy whose father had hired me. The boy was paralyzed from the waist down. This doesn’t stop anything and I continue to do my job. In the middle of my meeting, Vince, my ex-boyfriend comes in. The sock and embarrassment I had almost made me fall to the ground when I stood up. I couldn’t believe it. Vince had come to reconcile our relationship. I felt like a fool. I ran after him trying to explain what he had seen, but he was blinded by his rage and he had his mind made up. He told me he didn’t want to ever see me again. The pain I felt was one I hadn’t felt before. I felt as if I had been beaten by a poisons’ snake and the poison was causing my body to paralyze, my heart beating fast, and my mind unable to think. I had lost the only thing I loved and cared for in my life. (A tear runs down her face.)

get ready for a twist of romance

gang said...
on May. 14 2010 at 2:00 am
hmm its a heart crushing feeling... love love love.... if your hurt means you care so much for the person....

on May. 13 2010 at 12:54 am
and so you should always say the truth from the start!! very nice tiwist!!