Michael and Me (chapter 2) | Teen Ink

Michael and Me (chapter 2)

April 28, 2010
By ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut
ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut
14 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do what makes you happy
Be with who makes you smile
Laugh as much as you breathe
Love as long as you live


~Author Unknown~


One day it was absolutely gorgeous outside. It was the middle of June and I was leaving the living hell whole called school. When I was just about to get into my car, Michael approached me and said’ “Hey.” He was wearing a Framing Hanley band t-shirt. His eyes were extremely handsome and I couldn’t help but staring for a few moments before I finally realized that I was holding my breath. “Are you always by yourself on a sunny day like this?” he said. I just stood there looking at him and was about to turn around when he said, “What? You can’t tell when a guy is trying to flirt with you?” I didn’t know what to say or even what to think. I was so bewildered that he had actually talked to me. “I’m sorry. I am actually just shocked that you would talk to me of all people when there are so many girls who would die to even touch you. I don’t really have any friends here. I moved here about 3 months ago and all of the friends that I did make abandoned me because of some lousy rumors.” I said. “Well now aren’t you glad that I’m not them? Besides, I don’t judge people by what I hear, I judge people by what I know for a fact. So, do you want to go on a date with me on Saturday? I’m going to go out to eat and go to the beach. I was wondering if you would like to come with me. You’re not doing anything… are you?” he asked. “No I’m not doing anything and I would love to go with you. What time?” I asked. “I will pick you up at 7 O’clock. Ok?” he said. “Yes ok I will be ready. Do you know where I live?” I asked. Yes, I have seen you drive home before when I had to go to my buddy’s house. Ok, well I have to go. See you tomorrow at 7. Bye,” he said. “Bye Michael,” I said shyly.

I had to work that day and I couldn’t wait until I got there. I worked at a studio and I had to interview bands before they could record so that the company had some background information on them. This would be the best day of work ever because I would be interviewing one of my favorite bands. I would be interviewing Brokencyde. They were my favorite scream band! I couldn’t believe that I would actually be able to meet them. They arrived a few minutes after I did and I was psyched. I did there interview and was able to take some pictures with tem. That made my day. I even got a pair of there sunglasses and they all autographed them. They started recording some of their music as I began filing there information. When I was finished, I headed home and got my outfit ready for the date on Saturday. When my mother got home, I told her what would be going on the next day and then I went to bed.

When I woke up on Saturday, I had a lot of stuff that needed to be accomplished before I could go on my date. I had to clean the house, get gas in my car, go shopping for a dress that I would need for a school banquet that was coming up in a few months, and then I had to pick up my niece. I accomplished that all with 30 minutes left to spare. I took a shower and got dressed. Right as I went outside, he pulled into my driveway. I approached the car. He got out of the car and opened the door for me. I was shocked by his chivalry. “You look beautiful,” he said.

TBC ( To Be Continued) …


The author's comments:
I would like my story to be captivating and more interesting as I continue to write.