Unbreak Me | Teen Ink

Unbreak Me

Broken. Worn down. Bruised. Defeated-This is happening as we speak. I put my trust into someone who didn't deserve it. And I end up broken, searching the cold ground for the pieces of my shattered heart.
I seem to wear my heart on my sleeve. And unknowingly I let someone achieve to take it captive. I tried so hard to reel my heart back in, but it never works that way.
I mean, I know that God is the only one I need. I know that in my head but my heart won't accept it. And I didn't want to fall into that death trap some call love. But it was so hard because I just felt like everything would be ok if I was just with him.
And wouldn't you know that it hurts the worst right now, at night- because I find myself remembering the times he and I had shared. When things were going great, perfectly actually.
And now he has turned into someone that I don't even know. I thought I meant the world to him. I guess that I thought a lot of things.
As I start this healing process, to forgive, forget and then just walk away, I thought it was getting easier until right now. till today.
I can't stop thinking about how he claimed that he loved me. How he meant even more to me than God. Isn't that crazy? I let some boy, who was just playing with my heart, mean more to me than the Creator of my very life.
I have learned how stupid that was, the hard way. I think I'm starting to let God gain control of my life again.
But, do ya know something?
I don't think I really fell into love.

I think I was tripped.