Michael and Me | Teen Ink

Michael and Me

By ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut
ablonda GOLD, Stafford Springs, Connecticut

Do what makes you happy
Be with who makes you smile
Laugh as much as you breathe
Love as long as you live

~Author Unknown~

Chapter One

Hi. My name is Ashley. I am shy to an extent but I am very friendly once you get to know me. I guess you could say that I am the very person who you cannot judge by the cover. That is because your first guess about me would be wrong. So I am going to start at the beginning and explain how everything that was bad in my life would turn out very good.

In tenth grade I was the new girl. I didn’t know anyone and they did not know me. I was shy, prude, and very lonely. I didn’t know where my classes were or even when they were. I didn’t even know what bus I was supposed to go home on at the end of the day. I was alone. Then I met a girl named Suzie. She instantly became my new best friend. After the first week of me being at school I became extremely popular. That is, until Suzie didn’t like it and started to ruin my friendships along with my reputation.

I stopped talking to her but I never did gain the respect I had back and all of my former friends hated me because of what they heard. They thought they knew everything about me but they didn’t. They thought I was a mistake and that I would always be an issue.

Then Michael came to the school. He was a brand new student at Ottawa High School. I had been there for about 3 months already and I had adjusted to how people treated you and where I was supposed to be at all times of the day. Michael was a junior, everyone wanted to be his friend, and all the girls were crazy about him. The funny thing is that he wasn’t interested in any of the girls at our school. He was a loner but he was gorgeous. He had dark brown skater hair, and bright green eyes. He had an amazing smile and had a tall thin figure. He was intriguing. He was independent and the students began to see that.

I got used to the fact that he would probably never notice me or even know that I existed. I was beautiful, according to everyone at school but they also say that my personality bites.

TBC ( to be continued)…

I have loved to write since I was a little girl. Now I am in Highschool and I finally am showing everyone my gift.

CloudWanderer BRONZE, Wheelersburg, Ohio

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of your true love. If you must steal, steal from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. If you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

Yes, it was a little babbly... There's potential though. I mean, what, you said u wrote this in 2nd grade, right? So it just needs a little refining. Maybe you could describe your characters a little more. Give more background info... something.

on Jul. 23 2010 at 11:31 am
Thinker PLATINUM, Na, Connecticut

A wise word does not make the speaker wise.

Your babbleing and I don't get your point. Though I can tell it's important to you and you have a reasonable vocabulary, you are still vauge. The beginning sounds like the intro to a personal ad the rest sounds like a late night soap opra. If the rest of your stories are any good then the beinning has ruined them reading them. Don't get me wrong you have potential you just need refinement.