The New Guy

By , McGehee, AR
I remember everything like it was yesterday... He was walking to his locker, the one that is right beside mine, when he smiled at me. His smile was as bright as the sun and all I could do was stutter out words that did not even make sense. That is when he laughed. He laughed at my foolishness but he just thought it was cute. "No ma'am." I turned around to see Anslee, apparently she had noticed the new hot guy, too. Joy. "I saw him first," she scoffed. I barely heard her. I was too mesmerized by this perfect angel sitting in front of me. She coughed, " Um, hello! Earth to Hannah! He's mine!" I just shrugged her off. She was not ruining my day again. No way! I saw Heath, the quarterback, run up to the new guy. "What's up, Matt? Hey, listen, I think it would be cool for you to come and watch practice. You look like you could play football," Heath said. Matt. His name was Matt. I love the name Matt. Matt said,"Hey man! Yeah, I might swing by there. I need to go unpack at the house, though. I'll come by one of these days." And with a slam of his locker, the hot new guy, Matt, walked away, down the hall, and through the door. He was so dreamy. Sigh. I turned around to see Anslee glaring at me.

P.Cashion said...
Thanks for the advice and comments! I just submitted a new one. It's a little longer. HOPE YALL LIKE IT!

romancewriter13 said...
Great start! keep writing

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It was good but you should write more... It was a little short and I wouldlike to know what happens next in the story.

Michelle.B said...
Gr---ea---t it was really good for a first draft but you should add more keeping writing ;)

sidneynicole said...
it was ok keep it up though

Reigyn said...
May 1, 2010 at 9:36 am
A very good start. I think it could have great potential. Hannah seems like an adorable character.

agsmiley888 replied...
i agree i like it its a good beggining, and hannah does seem like an interesting and fun character