The New Guy | Teen Ink

The New Guy

I remember everything like it was yesterday... He was walking to his locker, the one that is right beside mine, when he smiled at me. His smile was as bright as the sun and all I could do was stutter out words that did not even make sense. That is when he laughed. He laughed at my foolishness but he just thought it was cute. "No ma'am." I turned around to see Anslee, apparently she had noticed the new hot guy, too. Joy. "I saw him first," she scoffed. I barely heard her. I was too mesmerized by this perfect angel sitting in front of me. She coughed, " Um, hello! Earth to Hannah! He's mine!" I just shrugged her off. She was not ruining my day again. No way! I saw Heath, the quarterback, run up to the new guy. "What's up, Matt? Hey, listen, I think it would be cool for you to come and watch practice. You look like you could play football," Heath said. Matt. His name was Matt. I love the name Matt. Matt said,"Hey man! Yeah, I might swing by there. I need to go unpack at the house, though. I'll come by one of these days." And with a slam of his locker, the hot new guy, Matt, walked away, down the hall, and through the door. He was so dreamy. Sigh. I turned around to see Anslee glaring at me.

P.Cashion said...
P.Cashion, McGehee, Arkansas

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow."- Helen Keller

Thanks for the advice and comments! I just submitted a new one. It's a little longer. HOPE YALL LIKE IT!

romancewriter13 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Great start! keep writing

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

It was good but you should write more... It was a little short and I wouldlike to know what happens next in the story.

Juless SILVER said...
Juless SILVER, New York City, New York

“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” - Laozi
"God does not give heed to the ambitiousness of our prayers, because he is always ready to give to us his light, not a visible light but an intellectual and spiritual one; but we are not always ready to receive it when we turn aside and down to other things out of a desire for temporal things."-Saint Augustine
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - John F Kennedy

Gr---ea---t it was really good for a first draft but you should add more keeping writing ;)

Green8a8 SILVER, NY, New York

im the author of my life, unfortunately im writing in pen therefore i can't erase nothing about it.-by some crazy friend of mine

i agree i like it its a good beggining, and hannah does seem like an interesting and fun character

sidneynicole BRONZE, McKinney, Texas

"When life knock you down to your knees, just know you are in a perfect postition to pray."

it was ok keep it up though

Reigyn said...
on May. 1 2010 at 9:36 am
Reigyn, Toronto, Other

"Dance like no one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt,sing like no one is listening,and live like it's heaven on earth."- William Purkey
As we struggle to make sense of things, life looks on in repose. ~Author Unknown

A very good start. I think it could have great potential. Hannah seems like an adorable character.