Red Carnation

Lindsey
His name: Blake
My name: Not important to him

Ever since fourth grade I’ve been trying to get his attention. Every time, of course, I’ve failed. I’ve gotten up the nerve to talk to him lately, but then I would just stutter and say “How about that weather?”

He’d just smile, and walk away. At this time I would sigh, and hold my head down in shame.
“THE WEATHER?!” My friend Rachel exclaimed to me after these conversations. I would nod sheepishly. “LINDSEY! You can’t just talk about the weather and expect a guy to fall in love with you!” Rachel has had a lot of boyfriends, many who have cheated on her, so it’s hard for me to believe anything she says about guys. Although, she thrives on getting me and Blake together, so she’s my best friend.

“Forget about it Rachel.” I tell her. “I’m not good enough for him anyway.”
Blake
Her name: Lindsey
My name: Not important to her

It bothers me to no end that I can’t talk to her. Every time she starts her funny “weather” conversations, I just smile and walk away. Why? I have no idea. For some reason, in Literature Studies, her best friend Rachel keeps staring at me mouthing something. I just ignore her. It’s probably just something like “You love Lindsey!” Rachel has all the bad boys falling for her, yet she’s too stupid to care. I mouth to her “Watermelon, watermelon, watermelon.”
Rachel
His name: Blake
Her name: Lindsey
My goal: to hook them up
“LINDSEY LIKES YOU!!” I mouth to Blake in Literature Studies.
“Well time might on!” Blake mouthed back.
“MIGHT ON WHAT?!!” I mouthed back. So far, I’ve had NO luck. Blake is being dumb and just smiling, and Lindsey’s too shy to notice. Suddenly, Blake went up to me. We exchanged hi’s. “Listen,” I told him. “Lindsey she-“

“Lindsey doesn’t like me. I know.”

“NO! She likes you-“Then I remembered, I promised Lindsey I wouldn’t tell. I could mouth it, not tell it. “Sorry! Did I say you? I meant- RED CARNATIONS! You’re dead if you don’t like red carnations because red carnations likes-“I saw Blake nod. He knew what I meant.
Lindsey

I rushed up to Rachel at lunch.
“I have a secret admirer! He told me to meet him outside of the school at sunset with a red carnation!” Rachel looked astounded as I told her this. I tilted my head to the side. “What?!”

“We need to get you that red carnation.” She mumbled to herself. I nodded.

I arrived outside of the school at exactly five forty-two pm. The sun was setting. I had a red carnation in my hand. I was wearing denim shorts, pink convers, and a red blouse. Over the blouse was a white jacket. My straight light brown hair was up into a high pony tail. I looked around for someone else with the flower. Suddenly, I saw a boy with sandy blonde hair in a black shirt and pants. Blake turned around and we caught each other’s eye, and red carnations.

video_geek said...
oh thanks for the tip =)

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
Apr. 24, 2010 at 11:41 am
cute, but a little fast. slow it down and itll be great