The Grieving Process

At six in the morning, their alarms will go off. She will already be awake and will press the snooze button. He will wake up reluctantly and open the shades. She will take a shower and try to force her thoughts away from him. He will take a shower and sing loudly. She will do her hair and makeup, take ten minutes to decide what to wear, and then do her makeup again because her mascara will begin running. He will run a brush through his hair and grab the first clothes he touches.
She will have ten text messages, all supportive messages from friends. He will have three messages, all from his new girlfriend. She will pick up the phone to text him, but will put it down. He will pick up the phone to text her, but will put it down. She will wipe away a rogue tear, grab a Luna bar, and board the bus. He will push her from his mind, grab a Pop Tart, and board the bus.
She will listen to her friends’ sympathetic words and stare listlessly out the window. He will listen to his girlfriend’s incessant chatter and talk to his friends. When the bus pulls up to the junior high, she will jump off and walk with a quick purpose to the doors. He will hold his girlfriend’s hand and they will run to the doors. Their eyes will lock, and he will introduce her to Claire, who will giggle and whisper something in his ear. She will nod politely and go to her locker. He will shake off the awkwardness and head to gym class. She will smile unconvincingly and head to science class. Within seconds their faces will be lost in the crowd.

iluvliv said...
Wow this was so good! I think that you're a really talented writer!

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
sad!!! i need more happily ever afters! but still it was extremely good

dreamer_believer said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 10:07 am
WOW!! this is amazing :) i can feel all the emotion. i like how you explained the difference of what each person would be doing after the breakup. it gave you a chance to get to know each character :) the writing is very real and true. very deep and heartwrenching :) LOVE IT!!! 5 stars :) would you mind checking out my piece "take my heart and break it" and leave comments? thanks and keep writing :)

natygrace1217 said...
wow,very good, i am impressed.  i like the feeling it was very real.

writergirl13 said...
That's so good! I can really feel the emotion in this, and it gave my heart a couple of little tugs as I was reading this!

LiveLife2theMax said...

awh.. i really like this

its lovely :)

agsmiley888 said...

this was cute

it was nice