Remembering Him

The heat of the shower beads pulsed to the back of her neck. Steam arouse around the bathroom as a thick fog in spring. Her eyes closed thinking in pitch black. She sees his face, and feels his presence behind her. Caressing her body and kissing with steam melted explosions. She opens her eyes and he’s gone. With her fingers she combs through her long thick curls behind her ear. She beats the shower to a stop and squeezes the extra water out of her hair. She pushes back the shower curtain and the fog still lays. She steps out leaving the drips and drops of her footprint. She takes the towel off the rack and dries her caramel skin. As she begins to dry her hair, she feels him come back. Running his fingers through her curls, massaging the back of her neck, and holding her close. She touches her side and his hand wasn’t there. Pulling her wet curls in a ponytail, she then begins to dress. Under clothes first, shorts and tank top last. She struggles to keep the mirror clear as the fog was still present. She gets a sudden chill down her spine. His spirit in tact taking his shape she loved. She could see him, feel him, and smell him standing behind her, though the mirror showed no image. Hugging in warmth and sensitive to his touch. Blurring kisses he gives her assurance. He fades as the fog has faded. Feeling him slip away again. A rush of light whispers, “I love you.” She opens the bathroom door with tears in her eyes. She walks out of the bathroom and heads outside. Prepared to walk the two hour distance. She could feel him walking beside her, with a smile on his face and his hair flowing back to the wind which blew. She continued to let her sorrows spill over her eyelids as he hugged her tight. She wipes her eyes as she finally realizes that she stands still and is looking down to his tombstone. She gets on her knees and touches the marble. She kisses his name, his birth date, and his last encouraging words. She filled up with anger as she cursed his death date. Remembering the night of the crash which killed him, and hospitalized her. Tears furiously coming down her face, she hugs his tombstone, “I love you too.”

xHoldOn said...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 6:47 am

this is amazing, it kept me hooked thw whole time. a lot of people can relate to this, whether its a friend or a family member. your work flowed so well and i think those two things are what made it so great, that of course, and your amazing descripton.

keep on writing...

and if you dont mind, could you take a look at some of my work? i need some feedback, thanks.

TheDreamer replied...
no prob =)

renthead101 said...
wow...this is amazing...you are a talented writer!

HappyAsABee said...

ohmygosh. i love all your work btw. but this is amazing. so sad, i teared, but it flowed and many can totally relate to it.

this is amazing

smilee_xD said...
Apr. 5, 2010 at 8:06 am
awhh! this was really good though. It flowed really easily.

DreamWriter15 said...
Apr. 5, 2010 at 12:46 am
Made me cry :'(

babigerl1194 said...
omg this teared me up :'(

Catiestar said...
This was fantastic. It made me cry.

Shawna L. said...

This is fantastic! I could picture exactly what she was feeling!

it made me want to cry

unwritten~love said...
Apr. 3, 2010 at 8:40 am
This is great! I could literally feel the emotions she had. You are an amazing writer! It was kind of sad--i cried--but beautiful. :)

TheDreamer replied...
thank you =)