Love vs Thirst | Teen Ink

Love vs Thirst

The amateur vampire lingers on the street, craving for some human blood. But, nobody seems to be roaming the streets at the wee hours of the morning. He walks over to the bus stop and sits down. Then, the silhouette of a young lady appears. She gets off and to turns back to the bus driver to say, “Good day, sir.”
He listens to her pumps striking the pavement and closes his eyes, unable to hold back. He picks up his pace and trailing her, turns into an alley. Fearing that she might catch a glimpse of his fangs and powdered face, due to the presence of the full moon, and unable to resist himself- he knocks her down. Grabbing her hazel, silky hair back, he sinks his fangs into her neck. She attempts to defend herself, weakly pushing him away from her petite body, and lets out a high-pitched scream. Then, he pauses. He hesitates not because he is foreign to his new diet, but because he recognizes her smell.
The distinctive smell of his fiancée he would never forget. Reminiscing the old times (when they first met at a formal cocktail party, then when he used to pick her up from work to go out, and lastly when he proposed to her), he blocks it out of his mind by continuing to drink the irresistible red nectar. He enjoys the way her blood flowed down into his esophagus and into his stomach. He closes his eyes and he smiles with delight, for he could hear their two heartbeats. Hers, becoming faint and slow finally causes him to drink slower. The almost lifeless young lady glances up at him and with a feeble voice whispers, “Louis?”
He flinches, with the sound of his name and tries to pull away from her. He knows that he still loves her and decides to stop hurting her. He escapes, running down the alley and onto the street and to the bus stop five blocks away. After sitting down and calming down, he is rejuvenated and decides to go back to the alley. Her lifeless body was still lying on the floor and he rushed towards his love. He takes her hand, and it is motionless, as if it was a puppet’s arm.
Her eyes are closed but he sees her chest moving up and down vigorously struggling to breathe. One again, he brushes her hair back and looks at her neck. A crusty scab has formed and ripping it off with his hand, blood gushes out and he drinks…

AshleyEWong PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
Thank you so much!

Lindie<3 said...
I like the way a cliche topic is presented in a non-cliche way. Pretty suspenseful, especially the ending!