The Mistress | Teen Ink

The Mistress

She, with her white powdered plastic face, hazel-colored iris, cascading brown hair, slender nose, rosy cheeks, and small pink lips, seems to have a doll-like character

Daintily, she walks over to her intricately designed wooden closet and using her two soft hands pull on the knobs and opens the doors
Thus, revealing a whole selection of dresses with matching hats, and shoes

Noting the appointment she has today, she judiciously selects a faded purple colored dress with buttons running down her torso, a black satin bow secures her waist and ruffles open up at her feet

Her matching feathered hat was a deeper purple-the purple of a lily and the feather was white

Carefully stepping into her shoes, she looks down at the jeweled high-heeled regal purple colored shoes

As she makes her way to the garden, she strictly instructs her servant to set out the English tea and pastries that have been prepared previously, especially for this event

The young lady makes her way down the cobble-stoned path and gazes, expressionless1y into the turquoise shaded river as she walks over the wooden bridge

She sits down at the table and awaits her guest
Waiting seems to be forever and she thinks back on many memories, which causes her perfect eyes to sting
Then, the chair across from her pulls out and she immediately becomes resilient
She meets the eyes of the man who loves her less than she loves him

His cold eyes stares back into hers and he gives her excuses as to why he is delayed
But the truth, in which they both acknowledge, very well, is that he was with another woman
A woman who had the power, wealth, and stature to benefit him
And in the same pathetic way, she depends on him

He reaches his hand out and as she eagerly reaches out to touch him, he reveals the money he has in his hand
In embarrassment, the mistress pulls back, and watches the cascading water rushing down the four-tiered water fountain

AshleyEWong PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
Thank you!

rawrrrioooo said...
Very descriptive and this is a truly beautiful piece of work!

SantyClaws BRONZE, Louisville, Kentucky

Really great. I hope it gets more comments and ratings.

Keep writing :))

Thank you for your input!

Thank you so much!

jlopez33 said...
Very nice! I love the ending and I could really imagine this in my mind.

toni101 said...
Really mysterious, with a twist at the end. Nice details