Confessions of a Tomboy | Teen Ink

Confessions of a Tomboy

By Williams_Imani BRONZE, Stone Mountain, Georgia
Williams_Imani BRONZE, Stone Mountain, Georgia

What a coincidence-you and me here. It’s funny how these things happen. How your class was near the water fountain. Yeah, a coincidence. Who am I kidding? My locker is on the other side of the school and a fountain’s across from it.
What’s that? Yeah, we have a tennis game today. Your eyes-those gorgeous eyes. Wait! What did you just say? My mind’s playing tricks. Why do your eyes unwillingly enchant my body, my mind, and my heart. It shouldn’t be, I threw all three of those away a long time ago. Threw away my purse for a racket, traded in my skirts for baggy jeans, dropped the act and picked up an attitude. But you. You, my team mate, make me want to go from under my baggy shirt and baseball cap, and into my sun dress and curls. You, my interest, makes me want to take a bath and clean off the dirt and grime. You, my love, have given me my own personal sun, to which I can grow from. You, my-my hero, has saved me. You just don’t know it. There you are leaning on someone else’s locker. You’re making me…giggle. I’m giggling! I don’t know what this is. I don’t want to know. What! Bye?!? Pull yourself together! Your hand is warm from the handshake. I hold on one second longer than I’m suppose to. I’m running to Calculus with a smirk. Warmth. Protection. Love. Not in my vocabulary. Give me a break. All the things a “girl” might want. Pathetic.

I'm sure the speaker in this poem is not use to being part of this type of scene. What ever she thinks it could be: hormones or love, she's stuck with it. That's her biggest conflict.
Also, it's alot of fun taking a character out of his/her's comfort zone.

on Mar. 26 2010 at 8:49 pm
Green8a8 SILVER, NY, New York

im the author of my life, unfortunately im writing in pen therefore i can't erase nothing about it.-by some crazy friend of mine

wow this is really good i like it its very very nice